Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Player Bio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Administrator

Player Biography Updates

I've started adding player Biographies to the site. Once we have a big enough list. I'll make it alphabetical so each player will be easy to find. If you have any information about a player that you feel is relevent or feel it requires an update, please post it in the players thread and I'll update it.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #2

Hi ya Rusty....what about Wiesy donating $500,000 to Katrina Flood Victims as her first official donation as a Professional...also what about the 68 that she shot in her First Sony appearance...this was done by LONG RANGE Lucky Putting....but she followed this up in the next year with Another 68 on a PGA Set up course...this time with her brilliant Iron play

and what about her attempt to play in the MEN's US OPEN Qualifier...she was the Medalist and advance pretty far only to be defeated by the eventually Winner of the event....it was the Highest placement ever by a Female for this qualifier

also what about her 3rd place finish in 2009...and what about her NOT MISSING ANY CUTS in her 2009 season and thus being in 18th place in the 2009 LPGA Money list....and what about her stellar play in 2009 that is making her climb up the Solheim Cup Rankings with ONLY ONE YEAR'S worth of points

what about her other Donations to Hawaii Library for Literacy Program, the donations made to the Leeward Coast Homeless kids, Hawaii Junior Golf Program and other Hawaii Charities....the Korean Hospital for Deformed Children, and her other Korean donations to the Hospital itself for another 300k....also her donations to Children of Korea that only have one parent....and also about her donation to the Thomas Herns Foundation

anyway....these are just a "Few" things that could be in her Bio....right now there are a lot of things listed in her Bio that she "Didn't do"....hows about a few things that she "did do"....I would imagine that a Bio should be more on the optimistic side of things instead of too much of the things she didn't accomplish....just my opinion

Rusty, this is a GREAT innovation that you have created on this site....this Player Bio stuff is terriffic.....I hope that fans of other players will start listing "Positive Stuff" that their favorite has done

anyway....have a good day Rusty....nice new stuff you have come up for your site...I like it...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #3

I like these quick bios your doing... they are handy to search and we learn more of each player fast. In time most of the field well become familiar, or better known just by reading the few bios you have now. Thanks. :-)

One thing you might change in Jiyai's pic, is a picture of her with that huge 1 million win at the ADT, where all the money is in a large square.... almost bigger then she is. (Just a thought).
Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
Administrator

Hi Greentee and Wiefan thanks for the suggestions. Its on my to do list to add some photo's to the post underneath gallery style. As well as update the players stats and achievements, also I'll add all the tournament at some stage.

I saw that photo greentee, but I could not find a good quality one. I try to find the best quality photo possible and to show the players face close up, so they can be easily recognized.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #5

Great work Rusty... Thanks.
JJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #6

Hi Rusty.... seen this link on another fan site.... its the Ping interview presentations... video.... just click the on the side face pics to advance to an other interview, and click on center pic to play vid.

I was wondering if you could create some kind of slide biography presentation like this... not video... but all sort of in one place, easy to access them all. Or is this kind of presentation a bit too tech, and costly?

Just a thought on bringing all the bio's into a one shot field. :-)

PING Golf : Tour : Pro Interviews
Old 07-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
Administrator

Hi Greentee
The program used to make that presentation is flash (player). I did play around with the program a fair while ago, but I'd have to re-learn it, (its been years) and I don't really have the time right now, (I start a management diploma in a few weeks.) So the short answer is no. For easy access I could set up the players gallery style, However it would be easier to find each player with an alphabetical list? especially if I can make each thread alphabetical I haven't explored this yet.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Administrator

Also if anyone would like to help add player bio's or update them that would be cool, I'll show you how if anyone is intrested.