Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Natalie Gulbis never finished in the top-10 in all four majors in one year. The year before 2007 when she won the Evian, she had one top-10 in a major and she has only seven top-10s in majors in her entire career, with 41 majors played.

It's fine that you're all a-twitter over Natalie, but it helps to have the facts correct if you want to convince others that she's the best thing to happen to the LPGA.
And it's fine that you never got the cheerleader to go out with you and now you take it out on Natalie. But you are correct, it wasn't the only player in the top 10 in all four majors, it was only player in the top 20.

From the LPGA's official bio of her on the LPGA.com
In 2006, best finish was runner-up at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger, where she lost to Mi Hyun Kim on the third hole of a sudden-death playoff; crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings at the Kraft Nabisco Championship, where she tied for third and recorded her best finish in a major championship; one of only two players (Lorena Ochoa) to finish in the top 20 in all four major championships; recorded her second LPGA career hole-in-one during the second round of the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill.
sjhnatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #12

Originally Posted by sjhnatfan View Post
And it's fine that you never got the cheerleader to go out with you and now you take it out on Natalie. But you are correct, it wasn't the only player in the top 10 in all four majors, it was only player in the top 20.

From the LPGA's official bio of her on the LPGA.com
Blue was simply correcting your error.There was no need to insult her.

And I fail to see how pointing out a factual inaccuracy could possibly be construed as 'taking it out on Natalie'.

It's not like she called her an irrelevant has-been,or anything...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post

And I fail to see how pointing out a factual inaccuracy could possibly be construed as 'taking it out on Natalie'.

It's not like she called her an irrelevant has-been,or anything...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Being new here I don't know who is male who is female. In my short time here though, I have seen a few people who will comment on EVERY thread that Natalie is mentioned. That comment is usually something to the affect of her NOT being a good player only good at marketing her looks. Scrolling done through older threads I saw one where you said she was 'less interesting than Anna Rawson'. Which you later referred to as 'back handed compliment'. It is really more of an insult. Anna Rawson has never even sniffed Natalie's level of success ON the course. I have met Anna and she is a nice girl, but Natalie is a golfer who models and Anna is a model who plays golf. And she didn't play well enough to even keep her card. Something Natalie has never had to worry about, even when she was in a lot of pain.

I did misquote that stat and I have corrected it. I thought it was top 10, but when I went back to post the article it was top 20. IMO, it is still impressive company for her and Lorena to be the only two to do it.

If the post was not meant as a shot, I apologize. But as I said, it does appear that some people like to take shots at Natalie and those of us who are fans, so I responded as such. If Blue is not one of those people, I shouldn't have said it, but the 'all a twitter' line sounded very condescending to me.

Last edited by sjhnatfan; 12-19-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #14

It's not like she called her an irrelevant has-been,or anything...Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Subtle, Saint. One of your best.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #15

SJH
Yes, you shouldn't insinuate that Blue plays for the "same team" (not that there's any wrong with it)....unless you have the facts.
Although same sex marriage is legal in Massachusetts.

Don't worry you're not alone....Dangerbob also commented on the same and other things about Blue in my intro thread.
It got so bad Rusty requested the thread be locked and many comments were deleted.

Isn't this a great intro to this site...headed by the site favorite welcoming committee member, Blue.

You are a new member....find below some classic threads....but the all time classic thread is where Blue gives everyone the 1 finger salute...but I can't find it.....the biggest laugh is she's not banned and is allowed to keep her moderator priviledges.

Patriot Golf Day

Farewell
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
SJH
Yes, you shouldn't insinuate that Blue plays for the "same team" (not that there's any wrong with it)....unless you have the facts.
Although same sex marriage is legal in Massachusetts.

Don't worry you're not alone....Dangerbob also commented on the same and other things about Blue in my intro thread.
It got so bad Rusty requested the thread be locked and many comments were deleted.

Isn't this a great intro to this site...headed by the site favorite welcoming committee member, Blue.

You are a new member....find below some classic threads....but the all time classic thread is where Blue gives everyone the 1 finger salute...but I can't find it.....the biggest laugh is she's not banned and is allowed to keep her moderator priviledges.

Patriot Golf Day

Farewell
As I said, didn't know Blue was female. Don't know what team she plays for and it is none of my business anyway.

I just felt her post sounded condescending, so I 'returned fire'. I certainly didn't mean to make a sexual orientation joke, I thought Blue was a man.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #17

At the end of this,we're all going to bond by dancing naked around a camp fire whilst gently toasting marshmallows.

True story...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #18

What "team" Blue plays for...or any other member of this site....is irrelevant and childish. There's no doubt that Blue has been involved in a lot of controversial issues here. As have I.

I'm not defending some of Blue's positions, as I'm often on the other side of the fence there, particularly in the past as it's related to MW. But, it's silly to make this into an "us" vs. "them" to the detriment of the forum.

If everyone on a forum agreed about everything, it would be most boring. I think we can disagree -- and even argue -- without resorting to ganging up on other forum members.

Merry Christmas to all...Happy Hanukkah...etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. (Don't want to leave anyone out!!)
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #19

At the end of this,we're all going to bond by dancing naked around a camp fire whilst gently toasting marshmallows.

True story...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Well it better happen soon cause the end of the world is coming this Friday.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #20

I just felt her post sounded condescending,
Really???
As demonstrated in past threads...she's the most likable member who would never offend anyone.

Ok...back to the thread topic.
Welcome to the site, Steve.