Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 08:20 PM   #1

Hello all from Ireland

Hi all from Ireland, I am new here and looking forward to discussing all things Ĺpga!

Kind Regards
Patrick
Devilbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

Welcome to the site!
benchjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:40 AM   #3

Hi, Devilbike.....my wife is from Waterford City and our son's name is Patrick, of course.......we have been Michelle Wie fans for 10 years now......and our favourite PGA player is Rory McIlroy, of course.......if you look at my username.....it might remind you of someone......lol......
UpDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #4

Welcome to the site, Patrick. Patrick must be the name of choice for us.
My son is Timothy Patrick, my daughters are Meghan Elizabeth, Molly, Bridget Kate, Kellie and the late Erin Kathleen..

Gee UpDev.....had I known you were Irish I would have cheered for Michelle O'Wie sooner. You'll be glad to know I'm in her camp now. Always was with Rory.

All four of my grandparents came from Ireland......and I carry an Irish passport..
My daughter being an immigration attorney got the whole family Irish passports.

I spent a lot of time, years ago, at the Curreagh (sp?).buying horses.

As Wiefan sez, that's my typing lessen for today.....NFL/PGA time now.
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
All four of my grandparents came from Ireland......and I carry an Irish passport..
My daughter being an immigration attorney got the whole family Irish passports.
Your honor...the Irish in you is your passport. You need to be a citizen of Ireland to have an Irish passport. Unless you have dual citizenship. So...your passport is bogus.

Irish visa maybe?
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 09-07-2014 at 06:42 PM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #6

Sorry DB, but I have an Irish passport, not dual citizenship.
Several years ago Ireland said anyone whose grandparents were born in Ireland could get an Irish passport if they so desired.(I don't know if any other countries have done this or not.)
My daughter, who has been an immigration attorney for twenty four years thought that would be fun, so we have them.
The times I went to the Curreigh to buy horses was on a U.S. Passport because most of those trips were some forty plus years ago..
So far this year my daughter has been to England, Ireland, France and Italy plus three trips to China. She is not a government lawyer. She is a partner and head of the immigration section of her firm, which has over a 125 attorneys in two major cities and a few overseas.
She takes no criminal cases. Most of her clients are large corporations. She was in Denver just a month or so ago, but I don't know who her client was, or is.
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
Contest Statistician

Several years ago Ireland said anyone whose grandparents were born in Ireland could get an Irish passport if they so desired.(I don't know if any other countries have done this or not.)
My daughter, who has been an immigration attorney for twenty four years thought that would be fun, so we have them.
The times I went to the Curreigh to buy horses was on a U.S. Passport because most of those trips were some forty plus years ago..
So far this year my daughter has been to England, Ireland, France and Italy plus three trips to China. She is not a government lawyer. She is a partner and head of the immigration section of her firm, which has over a 125 attorneys in two major cities and a few overseas.
She takes no criminal cases. Most of her clients are large corporations. She was in Denver just a month or so ago, but I don't know who her client was, or is.

I would check with your daughter again. You can not get an Irish passport with out being a citizen. I am 99.999 percent sure of that.

If your parent or grandparent was an Irish citizen then you can become an Irish citizen. You can be a dual citizen of the US and Ireland.

I suspect that you actually have dual citizenship and don't know it.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #8

Your honor...if you are a U.S. Citizen and live in the U.S.A. Irish passport won't do you any good. Passport is your permission to leave a country. Visa is your permission to enter a country. So, if you are going to Ireland, you need a U.S. passport and an Irish Visa to enter Ireland. Same as with any other countries except those forbidden countries (e.g. communist countries).
Your honor...next time your daughter come to Denver tell her to look for me.
By the way, why didn't come and attend the BMW championship held here at Cherry Creek Village golf course here in Denver? I was there today and was rooting for Sergio and Ricky Fowler...but Sergio choked. So as your boy Rory McIlroy, hehehe.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #9
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Your honor...if you are a U.S. Citizen and live in the U.S.A. Irish passport won't do you any good. Passport is your permission to leave a country. Visa is your permission to enter a country. So, if you are going to Ireland, you need a U.S. passport and an Irish Visa to enter Ireland. Same as with any other countries except those forbidden countries (e.g. communist countries)..
That is completely incorrect.

Irish citizens do not need a visa to enter or leave the US. Ireland is part of the US visa waiver program.

Irish passports are one of the most accepted around the world without visa's.

People of Irish descent do it all the time. But you most register your foreign birth and technically become a citizen.

Irish passports are one of the best to travel with.

Last edited by xman5; 09-08-2014 at 12:04 AM.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:50 AM   #10

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
That is completely incorrect.

Irish citizens do not need a visa to enter or leave the US. Ireland is part of the US visa waiver program.

Irish passports are one of the most accepted around the world without visa's.

People of Irish descent do it all the time. But you most register your foreign birth and technically become a citizen.

Irish passports are one of the best to travel with.
But by his own admission, Buzzer is not an Irish citizen. His descendants were from Ireland. So, he is still required to have a passport to leave the U.S.A. and need a visa(if he is not an Irish citizen) to enter Ireland. Some countries, if you are Naturalized U.S. citizen and you were born in the country you are visiting, you are not required a visa if you are not staying for more than a year.
Of course if you are an Irish citizen living in Ireland with an Irish passport you still need some kind of visa to enter the U.S. of A...otherwise you're an illegal alien like Elfo, the burro from Acapulco.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 09-08-2014 at 03:16 AM.