Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Stacy Lewis

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Putter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
Well, that's one way of doing it! According to the LPGA.
__________________
Putter
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:58 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mandeville, Louisiana
Posts: 605
Regardless of whether the streak is 13 or 10 it looks like that it's coming to an end. T-42 right now 14 shots out of the lead and 7 out of 10th place. Probably will need at least a 65 in the final round to have any chance of extending that streak, IMO probably a 62 or 63. Not easy to do.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mandeville, Louisiana
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by gxer View Post
The cancellation of an event is different than a player completing a round and then withdrawing because they are tired.

The record of 16 by Karrie Webb is a good record, she did not play a round in an event during her streak and then WD as Stacy did.
----------------------------------------
''I played terrible all day,'' Lewis said. ''I didn't make any putts. I didn't hit the ball very good and the start just didn't help. I was tired out there. Mentally, I wasn't in it. Just coming off the last week is still tough.''

Stacy Lewis tweets apology for quitting Canadian Women?s Open - SBNation.com
How is it different? Obviously a tournament being canceled after a round like Arkansas was in 2007 involves the entire field but the principle is still the same: no player or players completed said event or even made it to a 36 hole cut. The examples are different but the principal is still the same regardless of reason or situation or circumstance.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,137
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
How is it different? Obviously a tournament being canceled after a round like Arkansas was in 2007 involves the entire field but the principle is still the same: no player or players completed said event or even made it to a 36 hole cut. The examples are different but the principal is still the same regardless of reason or situation or circumstance.
If the Canadian women's open was cancelled after one round, then I would not count Stacy's results in that event against her. However, that is not what happened, she was tired and quit the event, therefore she finished the event on her own terms, by quitting, so IMO, quitting after completing one round, ended her top 10 streak.

You can argue with me until Blue actually turns blue but you are not going to change my mind on this and I am not going to change yours.

So as I tell Blue, when it becomes a waste of time to continue discussion on a given topic, have a good day. Anyway, Stacy's streak ends today, I say it's 10 and you say it's 13, but at least Karrie's record is safe from a quitter breaking it.
__________________
My "dream" girl: LPGA seasonal tour stats <=66 & >=270
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
bravedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 195
Ten Top 10's in a row, a very nice streak, good job Stacy. It's too bad she was tired in Canada and had to quit or it would be 13!

bravedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
dangerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by bravedave View Post
Ten Top 10's in a row, a very nice streak, good job Stacy. It's too bad she was tired in Canada and had to quit or it would be 13!

It's just like...if Gxer had been rooting for Lexi, Ariya and Lydia for 10 consecutive tournaments in a row, then in the 11th tournament, he quit taking his viagra and couldn't function...so, he didn't watch the 11th tournament. Then, switched to cialis and again watched Lexi, Ariya and Lydia in their 12th, 13th and 14th tournaments. Would you say he had a 10 or 13
"hard on" streak?
__________________
"On this hapless EARTH
There's small SINCERITY of mirth
And LAUGHTER oft is but an ART
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"


Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 03-02-2014 at 04:36 AM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mandeville, Louisiana
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by gxer View Post
If the Canadian women's open was cancelled after one round, then I would not count Stacy's results in that event against her. However, that is not what happened, she was tired and quit the event, therefore she finished the event on her own terms, by quitting, so IMO, quitting after completing one round, ended her top 10 streak.

You can argue with me until Blue actually turns blue but you are not going to change my mind on this and I am not going to change yours.

So as I tell Blue, when it becomes a waste of time to continue discussion on a given topic, have a good day. Anyway, Stacy's streak ends today, I say it's 10 and you say it's 13, but at least Karrie's record is safe from a quitter breaking it.
Who says we are arguing? I'd say we are having a discussion, granted maybe it's a bit of splitting hairs but I respect your opinion. People who discuss respect, people who argue don't, and as the oldest of four I had quite a few arguements in my day and this is no where near an arguement lol. But you are right, the streak is over and maybe it's a good thing.

I say that because when players get on a streak like that it can become more burdensome to try to extend it than it is fun to go through it. Stacy didn't play well this week at all but honestly last week was a precursor, she had to post a 66 I believe it was to finish in the top 10. Eventually everybody runs out of gas I guess.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #18
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,636
How about this. Tiger had a super long no cut streak. They counted events that had no cut in the streak in his total.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mandeville, Louisiana
Posts: 605
Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
How about this. Tiger had a super long no cut streak. They counted events that had no cut in the streak in his total.
Exactly. Though that seems a lifetime ago though. I feel old now.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #20
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,636
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Exactly. Though that seems a lifetime ago though. I feel old now.
Only at 2. Now since it is likely he will wd at Doral, does it go back to 0.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!