Old 01-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

Shin Baloney.

Jiyai Shin is a fine golfer, I do not dispute that, but she is simply not long enough to be a true dominant player.
------------------------------------------
World No.1 Jiyai Shin, who headlines next month's Women's Australian Open, can dominate women's golf in the way Tiger Woods has ruled the men's game, according to her Australian coach.

Steve McRae, who has worked with the 22-year-old Korean for the past 18 months, says Shin has the potential to be better than any female golfer on the world tour, past or present.

Shin 'Tiger-like', says coach
Old 01-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #2

Shin baloney ?

That sounds like something one might order in a restaurant.

The hyperbole of her coach aside,she's incredibly accurate,both off the tee and with her approach to the green,and very few putt better than her.She's also mentally strong.

I don't think any of the current crop will 'dominate' the tour,too many good players at the top end for that to happen,and most are young with room to improve.But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Shin had a better career than any of them...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 01-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Jiyai Shin is a fine golfer, I do not dispute that, but she is simply not long enough to be a true dominant player.
------------------------------------------
World No.1 Jiyai Shin, who headlines next month's Women's Australian Open, can dominate women's golf in the way Tiger Woods has ruled the men's game, according to her Australian coach.

Steve McRae, who has worked with the 22-year-old Korean for the past 18 months, says Shin has the potential to be better than any female golfer on the world tour, past or present.

Shin 'Tiger-like', says coach
I don't think that she needs to be long to dominate the Womens game as it is now.

She plays her hybrids like no one else and is one of the best putters. That compensates for the lack of length. But yes she can't dominate a course like some of the long hitters can.

I think the worst thing that she can do is try to add length off the tee. She is short but accurate and deadly with those hybrids.

Last edited by xman5; 01-05-2011 at 03:10 PM.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
I don't think that she needs to be long to dominate the Womens game as it is now.

She plays her hybrids like no one else and is one of the best putters. That compensates for the lack of length. But yes she can't dominate a course like some of the long hitters can.

I think the worst thing that she can do is try to add length off the tee. She is short but accurate and deadly with those hybrids.
The next dominant player is probably going to be Yani Tseng.