Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Ji-Yai Shin

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #21
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Didn't Anna earn her LPGA tour card at q-school?

When did she play on the LPGA tour before she earned her card?
She qualified for, played in, and made the cut at the Ricoh Women's British Open in both 2007 and 2008 before earning her LPGA Tour Card for 2009 at Q-School in November 2008.

xman, above, may be referring to Annika Sorenstam not Anna Nordqvist.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 714
Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
I wasn't comparing Annika's rookie year with Shin's "rookie"? year. I was comparing the top players year with the best of Annika's years.

No one this year had an outstanding or dominating year. Even with the possability of Shin winning all of those awards (or anyone else), the year does not compare to any of Annika's top years in terms of dominating the tour.

Shin, Ochoa, Kerr had a good year, not outstanding.

Had a good year and not outstanding?

It's a lot tougher to win on tour now then those years when Annika could dominate a weak ass tour with little competition. Trust me Shin had an outstanding year as well as Kerr and Ochoa.
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #23
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by ajraymond View Post
Had a good year and not outstanding?

It's a lot tougher to win on tour now then those years when Annika could dominate a weak ass tour with little competition. Trust me Shin had an outstanding year as well as Kerr and Ochoa.
Personally I think it's more exciting as a fan when there are several outstanding players rather than one player who dominates over all the rest. Just my view. Na Yeon Choi is in the group of players who also had an outstanding year as did Ai Miyazato.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,137
Smile

Originally Posted by Blue View Post


She qualified for, played in, and made the cut at the Ricoh Women's British Open in both 2007 and 2008 before earning her LPGA Tour Card for 2009 at Q-School in November 2008.

xman, above, may be referring to Annika Sorenstam not Anna Nordqvist.
Since she was still an amateur at the time, I think Anna can still be considered a "virgin" or "true rookie" regardless of your nitpicking on the women's British Open.
Anna certainly was closer to being a "virgin" on the LPGA tour than Shin or Wie.
__________________
My "dream" girl: LPGA seasonal tour stats <=66 & >=270
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #25
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Since she was still an amateur at the time, I think Anna can still be considered a "virgin" or "true rookie" regardless of your nitpicking on the women's British Open.
Anna certainly was closer to being a "virgin" on the LPGA tour than Shin or Wie.
I corrected your mistake. It's not nitpicking just because you were wrong.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,137
Smile

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I corrected your mistake. It's not nitpicking just because you were wrong.
Yep, I missed the fact that Anna, as an Amateur, qualified for and played in the women's British Open before turning pro, going to q-school and earning her card to play professional golf for the first time on the LPGA tour.

By the way, I happen to know that your middle name is Nitpicker and there is no need for you to tell me what my middle name is, I know what you think it is already.
__________________
My "dream" girl: LPGA seasonal tour stats <=66 & >=270
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #27
NTB
Senior Member
 
NTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: hot springs village arkansas
Posts: 2,534
Originally Posted by ajraymond View Post
Had a good year and not outstanding?

It's a lot tougher to win on tour now then those years when Annika could dominate a weak ass tour with little competition. Trust me Shin had an outstanding year as well as Kerr and Ochoa.
In order for anyone to dominate as Annika dominated weak would not be
proper, maybe dead.
Annika dominated because of hard work. The tour had many strong players.
__________________
God Bless America
\"Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.\" - William Penn
NTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Yep, I missed the fact that Anna, as an Amateur, qualified for and played in the women's British Open before turning pro, going to q-school and earning her card to play professional golf for the first time on the LPGA tour.
Who's nitpicking now?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,137
Smile

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Who's nitpicking now?
You are the Queen of Nitpickers, even Lojo has better common sense than you do.
__________________
My "dream" girl: LPGA seasonal tour stats <=66 & >=270
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,651
Originally Posted by Blue View Post


She qualified for, played in, and made the cut at the Ricoh Women's British Open in both 2007 and 2008 before earning her LPGA Tour Card for 2009 at Q-School in November 2008.

xman, above, may be referring to Annika Sorenstam not Anna Nordqvist.
My ,mistake wrong Annika.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!