Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Ji-Yai Shin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #11

The first sentence of this thread speaks volumes. It was about something posted by the psychotics at TGC message board. Case Closed.

There are some seriously disturbed people posting there. I know for a fact that some of the most insane have posted here and have been banned from this DG...for obvious reasons.

These creepazoids have an unhealthy hatred for some players (and not just MW); and some of them border on being 'stalkers'. One poster in TGC thread about JiYai's supposed celebration of Lorena's troubles on #17 mentioned that he had approached some players at the Samsung and was blown off, and therefore, they're bitches. Scary.

When you read LPGA stuff on TGC DG, it's like you're watching a slasher movie. Entertaining, but disturbing.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Forum Moderator

Jiyai had a hit single in Korea earlier this year. Proceeds from the sale go to charity.

The title of the song in English is "Don't Say Goodbye." I read earlier this year that she was going to record the English version. Not sure if she has yet.

I'm pretty sure she was just singing a little bit from that to keep loose.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Jiyai had a hit single in Korea earlier this year. Proceeds from the sale go to charity.

The title of the song in English is "Don't Say Goodbye." I read earlier this year that she was going to record the English version. Not sure if she has yet.

I'm pretty sure she was just singing a little bit from that to keep loose.
I agree with LOJO of the GC posts. Somebody heard Shin sing SAY GOODBYE and immediately assumed that she was referring to Lorena's chancees for POY after her bunker shot at the 17th.

Way to create a story out of thin air. The wrong story.
lumazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by lumazi View Post
I agree with LOJO of the GC posts. Somebody heard Shin sing SAY GOODBYE and immediately assumed that she was referring to Lorena's chancees for POY after her bunker shot at the 17th.

Way to create a story out of thin air. The wrong story.
Here she is on YouTube singing a bit of her song in Korean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzOoOs2pjk

The opening part is what translates to "Don't Say Goodbye" in English. I still have the tournament on my DVR and the melody matches up.

The director also did the right thing. After Lorena's second shot out of the bunker, Dottie Pepper said, "You've got to believe that Jiyai Shin back on the tee is not believing what she is seeing." So it's good directing to then cut back to Shin on the tee, not bad directing.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #15

The person who started the Jiyai topic on TGC is not backing down but he is finished discussing it.
---------------------------------
To: Creature
I'm done discussing this incident. I saw what I saw and that's it. Everybody else has a different view. Fine then. Bottom line is, Shin knows what happened and she has all winter to think about it and learn from this experience.
I'll send her Yogi Berra's memoirs for Christmas, so she can read his famous phrase:" It's not over til it's over".
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!!
---------------------------------------------
To: marcotony
marc... got to back you up on this one... I looked back at it myself... and all appears exactly like you say...
Old 11-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #16

As my friend Billy S once said: "Much Ado About Nothing"....

I saw the whole thing and it was during a 19 minute wait on the tee....it appeared to me that when she laughed and sang her back was to the action....just an attempt to stay loose.....

I'll bet the perpetrator from the other board kicked his dog, too....

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
As my friend Billy S once said: "Much Ado About Nothing"....

I saw the whole thing and it was during a 19 minute wait on the tee....it appeared to me that when she laughed and sang her back was to the action....just an attempt to stay loose.....

I'll bet the perpetrator from the other board kicked his dog, too....

Viva Annika
Here's some more, even though marcotony said he was finished discussing it, he still is discussing it with Creature.
----------------
Creature: It's a par 3 hole. This last group has been there waiting for Lorena's group to tee off.( it was really backed up). They all saw Lorena's 4 iron into the bunker, they saw her second from the bunker in an ugly lie, failed and still inside the bunker.
They clearly saw her third shot rolled past the hole and stopping like 10 feet away. That left Lorena with an unlikely bogey putt. That was a scenario for a double bogey. Not kidding you. With POY at stake, why would Shin not be paying attention to what was unfolding just 176 yards away from her only obstacle to that trophy?? Had this been a par 4, there's no way she could have seen the action on the green from the tee. Honestly, it was very clear if you watched the telecast.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #18
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Here's some more, even though marcotony said he was finished discussing it, he still is discussing it with Creature.
----------------
Creature: It's a par 3 hole. This last group has been there waiting for Lorena's group to tee off.( it was really backed up). They all saw Lorena's 4 iron into the bunker, they saw her second from the bunker in an ugly lie, failed and still inside the bunker.
They clearly saw her third shot rolled past the hole and stopping like 10 feet away. That left Lorena with an unlikely bogey putt. That was a scenario for a double bogey. Not kidding you. With POY at stake, why would Shin not be paying attention to what was unfolding just 176 yards away from her only obstacle to that trophy?? Had this been a par 4, there's no way she could have seen the action on the green from the tee. Honestly, it was very clear if you watched the telecast.
gxer,
I don't know if you are actually the same person as marcotony. You seem intent on perpetuating his argument.

No one who just watched on TV knows if she was watching the action or not. The TV only showed her for 3 or 4 seconds and that was after Lorena was out of the bunker. Also angles are distances are completely distorted by the TV lens.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #19

So,basically,it appears the whole 'controversy' was contrived bull**** from someone with an agenda ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 11-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #20

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
So,basically,it appears the whole 'controversy' was contrived bull**** from someone with an agenda ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Precisely.