Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Annika Sorenstam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
NTB

Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Yes, she was shy, but many people are like that, and reluctant to speak up in public. I was like that, and still am, although there are times when you have no choice. Some students are too shy to ask questions in class, fear of looking bad or being teased... I was one of them, too. So, it's easy for me to understand why Annika was reluctant. But, as you said, she certainly looks comfortable now. It's not uncommon for someone to be able to comfortably perform athletically in front of thousands of people, yet not feel at ease talking to those same people... for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, she's missed on tour, but a family was more important to her, and we should be happy for her. I had the pleasure of seeing her play the US Open at Pine Needles in the Pinehurst area... got some good pictures, too (on a practice day).

BTW, based on the picture, you must like Mi Hyun Kim.... I got pictures of her, too... Always liked her.
Mrs Kim Peanut became my favorite because of her lack of length
still she could really score. My nickname for her was bumblebee she did the impossible.
You are very correct in your analysis of Annika.
Love to see your pictures of Annika and Kim.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #12

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Isn't the recommendation to think of the audience or people in the audience naked when you are nervous about public speaking.
Ha,ha,ha... I've never heard that. Wish you were around to tell me that when I had to make those presentations. Taking the glasses off worked pretty well for me.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #13

Originally Posted by NTB View Post
Mrs Kim Peanut became my favorite because of her lack of length
still she could really score. My nickname for her was bumblebee she did the impossible.
You are very correct in your analysis of Annika.
Love to see your pictures of Annika and Kim.
I also liked MHK because of her ability to win despite the physical disadvantages... and I understand your reference to the bumblebee... I liked her even more because of her donation of $100,000 to the tornado victims a few years back... much like IK Kim did, too. I think they're both great people.. which made IK's fumble on the 72nd hole at Kraft even more difficult to take.

I hope all these pictures upload properly... it's my first time trying...
edit: the shots have to be too small... I'll send in a PM.

Oh, and I really like what you've included at the bottoms of your posts.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote