Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything > PGA, LET, and Men's Tours

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #1

Tiger Tiger

....not burning so bright.

Sheesh. Tiger misses the cut at Torrey Pines shooting a 79!

Tiger Woods, Farmers Insurance Open, Torrey Pines, 79: Third-round 79 sends Tiger Woods packing at Farmers
He followed the double bogeys at Nos. 18 and 1 with bogeys at the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth – a stretch of seven straight bogey or double bogeys, his worst-ever stretch.
So, he goes double--double--bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey. Nine over in 7holes.

Kinda makes us mere mortals feel a tiny bit better that the world's best professionals can be wretched too.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post

Tiger Woods, Farmers Insurance Open, Torrey Pines, 79: Third-round 79 sends Tiger Woods packing at Farmers
He followed the double bogeys at Nos. 18 and 1 with bogeys at the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth – a stretch of seven straight bogey or double bogeys, his worst-ever stretch.

Kinda makes us mere mortals feel a tiny bit better that the world's best professionals can be wretched too.
Hater! No wonder all the Tiger fans have been scared away from this site when you post stuff like this!!

Or is it OK to criticize players if they're not named Michelle Wie?
Hmmm...
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Hater! No wonder all the Tiger fans have been scared away from this site when you post stuff like this!!

Or is it OK to criticize players if they're not named Michelle Wie?
Hmmm...
Wow...you are en fuego tonight aren't you, sweetheart?

Here....I'll have a beer for you so you can chill.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #4

LOL
You two are too funny!
Ricearoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #5

For goodness sake, Blue, stop with the nit picking! Didn't LoJo say 'world's best', did she say Tiger is gone etc etc. Anyone who plays golf always feels better when a pro hits a big score, it does make us feel as if we're not doing so badly and I know I've said so on here in the past. You have to, as always (see also Wie on Morning Drive thread), find something to be picky about. I assume we'll now get the 'I was only joking' post, another familiar response. You must be an absolute joy to work with - not!
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
For goodness sake, Blue, stop with the nit picking! Didn't LoJo say 'world's best', did she say Tiger is gone etc etc. Anyone who plays golf always feels better when a pro hits a big score, it does make us feel as if we're not doing so badly and I know I've said so on here in the past. You have to, as always (see also Wie on Morning Drive thread), find something to be picky about. I assume we'll now get the 'I was only joking' post, another familiar response. You must be an absolute joy to work with - not!
My comment was a reference to another thread in which LoJo was all aghast because Saint and I dared to question the world dominance of Michelle Wie. And here she is calling Tiger Woods "wretched."

Imagine if someone on this site dared to call Michelle Wie "wretched." LoJo would , as she often has, demand to have the post deleted and poster banned.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
My comment was a reference to another thread in which LoJo was all aghast because Saint and I dared to question the world dominance of Michelle Wie. And here she is calling Tiger Woods "wretched."

Imagine if someone on this site dared to call Michelle Wie "wretched." LoJo would , as she often has, demand to have the post deleted and poster banned.
Want to re read what she said: 'Kinda makes us mere mortals feel a tiny bit better that the world's best professionals can be wretched too.'

Clearly it does not say Tiger Woods is wretched. Perhaps a refresher in Reading 101 would help you.

Posters have never called Wie 'wretched' or 'entitled' or hurled other abuse? Where have you been? LoJo has been a supporter of Wie from the get go, whereas people like you jumped on the band wagon and then jumped off when she didn't fulfill her potential. Seems like you allow open slather for the Wie haters but get your knickers in a knot when criticised for it.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #8

The Danger's top 10 predictions for 2014:

No. 3: Hedwynn, Lojo and Blue will become good friends and agree to meet for dinner bi-monthly at Hooters.

Survey: Do you think the Danger's No. 3 prediction for 2014 will ever happen?
If you agree, say YES. If you disagree say NO.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #9

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post

Technically,it's not a missed cut.

It's an MDF (made cut,did not finish) ; he still gets a little bit of prize money and a FedEx Cup point or two.

But,yes,tremendous,after we'd been told all week by the 'experts' how he was going to dominate this event...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 01-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #10
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Want to re read what she said: 'Kinda makes us mere mortals feel a tiny bit better that the world's best professionals can be wretched too.'

Clearly it does not say Tiger Woods is wretched. Perhaps a refresher in Reading 101 would help you.

Posters have never called Wie 'wretched' or 'entitled' or hurled other abuse? Where have you been? LoJo has been a supporter of Wie from the get go, whereas people like you jumped on the band wagon and then jumped off when she didn't fulfill her potential. Seems like you allow open slather for the Wie haters but get your knickers in a knot when criticised for it.
Exactly, just like the posts about Michelle Wie and her over-the-top, over-sensitive fans are usually not about her.