Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything > PGA, LET, and Men's Tours

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #1

Robert Allenby Kidnapped, Robbed and Beaten

I hope he turns out okay after all of this is over and they find whomever did this to him. Glad he's safe now.

from Golf Channel:

Caddie: Allenby kidnapped from bar, beaten, robbed

The caddie for Robert Allenby said the Australian golfer was kidnapped from a bar Friday night in Honolulu, beaten and robbed before being dropped off in a park more than six miles away.

Allenby's caddie, Mick Middlemo, told Golf Channel's Steve Sands that Allenby was in a wine bar near Waikiki with Middlemo and another friend, identified by the Australian Associated Press as Anthony Puntoriero. Neither Middlemo nor Puntoriero was with the Aussie at the time of the alleged kidnapping.

Allenby sustained significant facial injuries and was robbed of his wallet, cellphone, cash and credit cards, according to Middlemo.

Allenby, 43, missed the cut at the Sony Open in Hawaii after rounds of 71-71. He was planning to fly back to the U.S. mainland on Saturday morning.

According to Middlemo, Allenby awoke groggy and with no recollection of what had happened to him. He was picked up in the park by a retired military individual and returned to the Kahala Hotel, where he had spent the week near Waialae Country Club.

Upon speaking with Middlemo and Puntoriero Saturday morning, Allenby began to piece together the events of Friday night and returned to the wine bar with police to review surveillance footage.

"He's all right now but we are still talking to detectives," Puntoriero told the AAP.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #2

I just saw this. Wow - got to think that he was very lucky.
Someone must have seen what happened. I hope they find some answers.

Last edited by Ricearoni; 01-18-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Ricearoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
Contest Statistician

No recollection ? Seems fishy.

At a tourist spot by Waikiki, sounds like he was set up by a hooker. Just think'in out loud.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #4

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post

At a tourist spot by Waikiki, sounds like he was set up by a hooker. Just think'in out loud.
Stephanie Wei has a write up:
Robert Allenby beaten, robbed and dumped in park in Honolulu (*Update) | Wei Under Par

Honestly, though, when I heard this story, I was with you - I was thinking either prostitute or a bad gambling bet, and we've all been there.

...RIGHT GUYS?!
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
Stephanie Wei has a write up:
Robert Allenby beaten, robbed and dumped in park in Honolulu (*Update) | Wei Under Par

Honestly, though, when I heard this story, I was with you - I was thinking either prostitute or a bad gambling bet, and we've all been there.

...RIGHT GUYS?!
Fair Enough, since they have the video footage.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
Contest Statistician

Homeless woman tells different story as well as some conflicting evidence.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #7

The cops had better fiercely interview that little hooker biatche for 12 plus hours. She'll break and own up to having Robert rolled. And then the cops can dismember her and throw her to the fishes.
This story will fade as it should, because it's inappropriate to punish a dude for trying to get laid.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #8
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
The cops had better fiercely interview that little hooker biatche for 12 plus hours. She'll break and own up to having Robert rolled. And then the cops can dismember her and throw her to the fishes.
This story will fade as it should, because it's inappropriate to punish a dude for trying to get laid.
My be. He said he was 6 miles away from the bar. The homeless lady (hooker) says it was just blocks from the bar. Some what inconsistent.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #9
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post

That was my thought as well.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:33 PM   #10

So now Robert Allenby has this weird caddie exchange with two very different versions of what happened. I don't follow the PGA close enough to know what Robert Allenby is really like but it does seem strange things seem to swirl around him.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote