Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything > PGA, LET, and Men's Tours

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2014, 05:29 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

News Grab-Bag: 11/14/2014

It's One Of These

This week we have Phil Mickelson, Lydia Ko, Charlie Sifford, and the gift that keeps on giving....John Daly.
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Contest Statistician

Funny thing about the slow play article is that this year for me rounds were the fastest ever. Usually around 4.5 hrs and I play prime time during the day. Used to be up to the 5.5 hr range with the occasional 6. Some even under to 4.5 hrs. When walking that is basically playing non stop with no waiting. Some times I had to slow down to catch my breath, especially when playing with people in carts. And it is not like there is no one on the course.

Drop of in players has helped the real people that play and enjoy golf. More like a way of life to us though we are not necessarily the best players we now how to play the game and keep it moving.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #3

Yeah, it's the biggest Catch-22 out there - the USGA wants more people playing golf of all ages and skill levels, but they also want the rounds to move quickly and not hold anyone up. You're not going to get that if a bunch of kids/old people with 30 handicaps keep hacking away at the ball. The best rounds I've had, there were usually about two holds between us both in front and behind us.
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote