Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything > PGA, LET, and Men's Tours

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 231
Hello World

Anyone else get flashbacks watching Jordan Spieth this weekend?

LLLLet's Golf!: Hello, World - Spieth Arrives In A Very Familiar Fashion
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,671
I don't understand what more they want Rory to do. He is only 24-25? years old. So he did not get the "grand slam" this year. He way never get it (see Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer) but he has a good chance.

There is only 1 Jack, Tiger and Bobby Jones. Maybe Rory will join them, but give him the time.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Tiger Woods, not Rory McIlroy, is the one suffering most from the current rise of Jordan Spieth. Seeing how Spieth carried himself at Augusta with humility, courtesy and class reminds the world how much Tiger Woods lacks these qualities.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
dangerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,528
Rory is still Numero Uno...and Jordan Spieth is now No. 2. Tiger Woods is history and the lefty is getting old.
__________________
"On this hapless EARTH
There's small SINCERITY of mirth
And LAUGHTER oft is but an ART
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"


Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #5
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Rory is still Numero Uno...and Jordan Spieth is now No. 2. Tiger Woods is history and the lefty is getting old.
Yup, Tiger is history. It's all about salvaging his legacy now. People will remember not only the golf he played, but the person he was, and the battle for the latter just got a whole lot harder.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:01 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
dangerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,528
The only thing that Jordan Spieth has to worry is losing his hair. Because of the heat on the course, by the time he reach thirty he'll be completely bald and looks like fifty. At 21 he looks older than Bubba Watson and Ricky Fowler. Tiger Woods' hair is also thinning. Well...you can not win them all!
__________________
"On this hapless EARTH
There's small SINCERITY of mirth
And LAUGHTER oft is but an ART
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"


Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
I don't understand what more they want Rory to do. He is only 24-25? years old. So he did not get the "grand slam" this year. He way never get it (see Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer) but he has a good chance.

There is only 1 Jack, Tiger and Bobby Jones. Maybe Rory will join them, but give him the time.
Honestly, I think this is American golf fans clamoring for another dominating American golfer. It's not going to happen - the field is WAY deeper this time around, and all this talk about Rory Vs Spieth is a little premature with Day and Matsuyama hanging out. I was watching Mike & Mike yesterday, and one of the fill in hosts that I've never seen before was saying that "Rory is a kid, Jordan is a man" because he liked Jordan's personality better. It's the most asinine thing I've heard.
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #8
Moderator
 
Saint-Just X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,076
Rory will get the Grand Slam in time. There's every chance he gets it more than once (multiple wins in each Major).

Spieth is a wonderful talent. He never let anyone get close enough to challenge on Sunday ; and to be that composed at the final round of the Masters,at his age,was incredible.

There's some great young talent on the PGA tour.It bodes well for a bright future.

I suppose Woods will disappear for a month,now,before the circus starts again at the Players' Championship...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
__________________
Make Momoko Great Again (MMGA)- Rolex World Ranking as of 11/09/17 : 83rd
Saint-Just X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #9
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
Honestly, I think this is American golf fans clamoring for another dominating American golfer. It's not going to happen - the field is WAY deeper this time around, and all this talk about Rory Vs Spieth is a little premature with Day and Matsuyama hanging out. I was watching Mike & Mike yesterday, and one of the fill in hosts that I've never seen before was saying that "Rory is a kid, Jordan is a man" because he liked Jordan's personality better. It's the most asinine thing I've heard.
Agreed.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #10
Moderator
 
Buzzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 3,797
If Jordan Speith keeps this up it won't be long before we hear "Tiger, who?"

According to Tiger it will be some time before he plays again. I wonder if he might have hurt his hand/wrist/whatever more than he let on in the interview. He has a history of keeping it pretty close to the vest unless he has to be carted off the course.
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!