Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything > PGA, LET, and Men's Tours

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2015, 09:51 AM   #1

Hello World

Anyone else get flashbacks watching Jordan Spieth this weekend?

LLLLet's Golf!: Hello, World - Spieth Arrives In A Very Familiar Fashion
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
Contest Statistician

I don't understand what more they want Rory to do. He is only 24-25? years old. So he did not get the "grand slam" this year. He way never get it (see Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer) but he has a good chance.

There is only 1 Jack, Tiger and Bobby Jones. Maybe Rory will join them, but give him the time.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Forum Moderator

Tiger Woods, not Rory McIlroy, is the one suffering most from the current rise of Jordan Spieth. Seeing how Spieth carried himself at Augusta with humility, courtesy and class reminds the world how much Tiger Woods lacks these qualities.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #4

Rory is still Numero Uno...and Jordan Spieth is now No. 2. Tiger Woods is history and the lefty is getting old.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #5
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Rory is still Numero Uno...and Jordan Spieth is now No. 2. Tiger Woods is history and the lefty is getting old.
Yup, Tiger is history. It's all about salvaging his legacy now. People will remember not only the golf he played, but the person he was, and the battle for the latter just got a whole lot harder.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:01 AM   #6

The only thing that Jordan Spieth has to worry is losing his hair. Because of the heat on the course, by the time he reach thirty he'll be completely bald and looks like fifty. At 21 he looks older than Bubba Watson and Ricky Fowler. Tiger Woods' hair is also thinning. Well...you can not win them all!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:11 AM   #7

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
I don't understand what more they want Rory to do. He is only 24-25? years old. So he did not get the "grand slam" this year. He way never get it (see Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer) but he has a good chance.

There is only 1 Jack, Tiger and Bobby Jones. Maybe Rory will join them, but give him the time.
Honestly, I think this is American golf fans clamoring for another dominating American golfer. It's not going to happen - the field is WAY deeper this time around, and all this talk about Rory Vs Spieth is a little premature with Day and Matsuyama hanging out. I was watching Mike & Mike yesterday, and one of the fill in hosts that I've never seen before was saying that "Rory is a kid, Jordan is a man" because he liked Jordan's personality better. It's the most asinine thing I've heard.
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #8

Rory will get the Grand Slam in time. There's every chance he gets it more than once (multiple wins in each Major).

Spieth is a wonderful talent. He never let anyone get close enough to challenge on Sunday ; and to be that composed at the final round of the Masters,at his age,was incredible.

There's some great young talent on the PGA tour.It bodes well for a bright future.

I suppose Woods will disappear for a month,now,before the circus starts again at the Players' Championship...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #9
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
Honestly, I think this is American golf fans clamoring for another dominating American golfer. It's not going to happen - the field is WAY deeper this time around, and all this talk about Rory Vs Spieth is a little premature with Day and Matsuyama hanging out. I was watching Mike & Mike yesterday, and one of the fill in hosts that I've never seen before was saying that "Rory is a kid, Jordan is a man" because he liked Jordan's personality better. It's the most asinine thing I've heard.
Agreed.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #10

If Jordan Speith keeps this up it won't be long before we hear "Tiger, who?"

According to Tiger it will be some time before he plays again. I wonder if he might have hurt his hand/wrist/whatever more than he let on in the interview. He has a history of keeping it pretty close to the vest unless he has to be carted off the course.
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote