Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #1

2017: Lotte Championship

The LPGA moves to Hawaii this week for the playing of the Lotte Championship Presented by Hershey.

Here are the key details:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2017/...y-hershey.html
tonj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #2

Hi ya Everyone and ALOHA from Hawaii...this is the NOT so often poster wiefan...tsk tsk tsk...my bad....I have been too consumed by playing myvegas slots, Konami Slots and Pop slots...these games gives me and Mrs wiefan FREE comps for when we go to Las Vegas...we already used up a Free night at Mandalay Bay, comp Dinners at Bellagio, comp lunches at Mirage...I am working on Free stuff for this coming November....ahhh shucks folks, when you become a Senior Citizen,,,it would be a shame to not take advantage of deals and free stuff...ok enough about Vegas...as for me, just incase any of you are curious, I am STILL THE SAME...same height and weight and health...mentally I feel just like I did when I first joined this discussion group...wowWIE...almost 14 years ago, when Wiesy first came on the Golf Scene....whew...time sure passes by fast...anyway...on to Lotte Golf

tomorrow I hope to meet up with good ol' Cougar at the golf course...for those of you that might not know Cougar...lemme tell you a little about this guy...Cougar is BY FAR the BEST Volunteer the LPGA has ever ever come across...he goes to almost EVERY LPGA event and volunteers his time and knowledge...and folks, he PAYS his own way and expenses...now, in my book....this is COMPLETE dedication...almost EVERY LPGA player and Caddy knows Cougar by face and name....he has got to be the MOST popular volunteer at the tournament...Cougar is so so good at his volunteer duties that usually they assign him at the 18th hole tent...to make sure that everything runs smoothly....anyway...hopefully I meet up with him tomorrow....also...I am going to the tournament for the first three rounds, so I will post a NON-BIASED fan diary on Wiesy and her group...I say at least three days because I BELIEVE that the kid WILL make the cut...gulp...the membership of WieNation is giving me the vicious stare...WieNation over the past couple of years have dwindled down a bit due to her lackluster struggles...but I am still a strong believer....sometimes at our annual WieNation meeting we give motivational speeches...last year I was the keynote speaker...I boasted about the positive qualities of Wiesy before about six of us....ahhh but we expect wieNation to rise again this year....anyway...talk to you all later...this concludes my typing exercise for the day...see ya and Aloha....and yes, I still smoke my own rolled up cigarettes...so habits like smoking and visiting my friends at this discussion board are Habits that I cherish and enjoy...Aloha Folks
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:10 AM   #3

Glad to have you back, wiefan. When you see Cougar, tell him "Hi" from Dave43.
dave43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 AM   #4

Hi ya dave43,,,I am hooking up with cougar tomorrow about 9:30 am...I will tell him you said HI...

folks...remember I said I have been on this site since about 2003 or 2004...well if you look at the "joined date" under everyone's screenname...you will see 2005 under mine...and also a few others on this board....here is what took place in 2003/2004...there was this site EXCEPT that when wiesy came on the scene....she had a ton of followers and also a ton of anti-wiesy...this site was the BUSIEST discussion board ever...for every 1000 posts...about 900 had some sort of wiesy reference...for or against didn't matter...the number of postings was just explosive...I had about 15,000 posts...I overtook marinepaul who himself had about 10,000....this was a super fun place at the time...my typing fingers were SWOLLEN and bloated....anyway to make a long story short...the Admin decided that he would create a michelle wie separate site and make this site anew...so that is why the date of join is 2005....he also eliminated EVERYONES amount of postings ....so they had to start all over counting....I spent most of my time on the New Wiesy site...Marinepaul stayed over here and he was the top poster for quite awhile...until Blue came along...here is the funny part...even though this new site for the LPGA was created, there was still a ton of Wiesy stuff still being discussed here...but it wasn't over powering all of the LPGA discussions....the smartest thing that admin made was the player's folders...this tampered some of the amount of Wiesy postings...the only problem was that in the players folders,,,only one player was getting almost 90% of the postings...but as time has passed and wiesy became inconsistent and NOT causing too much controvery, the parity of the player's folders became more of what these folders were intended to accomplish

I sometimes reflect back to how busy and entertaining the old site was...I sort of miss it,,,but I think in the long run, this site today is what the intended purpose accomplished...talk about the LPGA and not just one super controversial player

anyway...the michelle wie site that admin created soon died out...but...super poster bangkokbobby created one himself...I still go to that site...super job by my friend bangkokbobby...

anyway...it seems like I got a little carried away with my typing fingers...ahhh story of my life....I sometimes LAUGH about my thousands of postings...none of them was a short post....almost every one was like a long novel...I used to get a ton of scolding from posters that got tired of reading...gulp...just like now...anyway...see ya folks...have a great week
Old 04-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post

I will post a NON-BIASED fan diary on Wiesy and her group...I say at least three days because I BELIEVE that the kid WILL make the cut...gulp...the membership of WieNation is giving me the vicious stare...WieNation over the past couple of years have dwindled down a bit due to her lackluster struggles..
I think that membership is down to me an you.

But don't get me started about Vegas. Last time I was there I was up for 30+ hours playing Poker.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #6

Hi Wiefan:
Good to hear from you, my friend.
Jiminez, The Mechanic, has nothing on you....YOU are the MOST INTERESTING MAN in the world.

I must admit...of the 5 members of this site...you are the one that everyone wants to meet.

I don't believe your BS....they only comp BIG TIME PLAYA's at Mandalay Bay, Bellagio and the Mirage in Vegas. I bet you are some big time GANGSTER BOSS from Oahu.
Unlike I, who slums at the Stratosphere when I visit Vegas.

Please say hi to Cougar for me...tell him I saw him on TV at the KIA and ANA....please pass on that I'm undecided right now if I'll make the trek down to the Brooke Open in Portland this year.
Yes, Cougar is a GREAT GREAT man...he's LPGA royalty....his credential badge says...LPGA VIP.

So is this the year you finally chat with BJ or Bo...or are you gonna runaway like a scared school girl when you see them.

You should watch some of the many fresh faces of the LPGA too....Alison Lee, Minjee Lee, Sung Hyun Park, etc.
You also need to see the future faces of the LPGA...two top ranked Korean Ams are playing.....Eun Jeong Seong and Hye Jin Choi...I think the latter is more skilled.
The Asian Reign of Terror is not going away.

You are lucky....In Gee "DUMBO" Chun is playing with Wie...she's a sweetheart.
When she walks by you say...."Dumbo Fighting" with a fist pump...she'll get a kick out of it and smile and acknowledge you...guaranteed.
I watched her play last year at the KPMG.
You might also see a few of her 8,000 Flying Dumbo fans who have flown in from Korea...I chatted with four of them last year at Sahalee.

Oh ya....don't forget to cheer for the Canadian Princess playing in the group too.

Have fun and don't let BJ intimidate you.
Tell Wiesy you're glad she's playing better nowadays because she's no longer playing those rubbish Nike clubs and balls and playing real equipment from Callaway...she'll appreciate it.

Last edited by Mr3putt; 04-11-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #7

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post

But don't get me started about Vegas. Last time I was there I was up for 30+ hours playing Poker.
How much did you win?
What hotel?
Texas Hold Em..how much was the buy-in?
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #8

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post

Hi ya xman...I believe that membership might be down...but applicants will soon be lining up as I speak...I think I should start Xeroxing New application forms...hmmmm....anyway...30+ hours in one tournament means that you probably made it to the FINAL table...good job....you are a terrific Texas Holdem player...you have tons of patience...patience is one of the biggest advantage in texas holdem...eventually the luck of the cards will swing your way...anyway...see ya and this site is lucky to have someone like you doing the contests...your contests are one of the biggest mainstays of this site in my opinion...anyway...see ya
Old 04-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
Hi Wiefan:
Good to hear from you, my friend.
Jiminez, The Mechanic, has nothing on you....YOU are the MOST INTERESTING MAN in the world.

I must admit...of the 5 members of this site...you are the one that everyone wants to meet.

I don't believe your BS....they only comp BIG TIME PLAYA's at Mandalay Bay, Bellagio and the Mirage in Vegas. I bet you are some big time GANGSTER BOSS from Oahu.
Unlike I, who slums at the Stratosphere when I visit Vegas.

Please say hi to Cougar for me...tell him I saw him on TV at the KIA and ANA....please pass on that I'm undecided right now if I'll make the trek down to the Brooke Open in Portland this year.
Yes, Cougar is a GREAT GREAT man...he's LPGA royalty....his credential badge says...LPGA VIP.

So is this the year you finally chat with BJ or Bo...or are you gonna runaway like a scared school girl when you see them.

You should watch some of the many fresh faces of the LPGA too....Alison Lee, Minjee Lee, Sung Hyun Park, etc.
You also need to see the future faces of the LPGA...two top ranked Korean Ams are playing.....Eun Jeong Seong and Hye Jin Choi...I think the latter is more skilled.
The Asian Reign of Terror is not going away.

You are lucky....In Gee "DUMBO" Chun is playing with Wie...she's a sweetheart.
When she walks by you say...."Dumbo Fighting" with a fist pump...she'll get a kick out of it and smile and acknowledge you...guaranteed.
I watched her play last year at the KPMG.
You might also see a few of her 8,000 Flying Dumbo fans who have flown in from Korea...I chatted with four of them last year at Sahalee.

Oh ya....don't forget to cheer for the Canadian Princess playing in the group too.

Have fun and don't let BJ intimidate you.
Tell Wiesy you're glad she's playing better nowadays because she's no longer playing those rubbish Nike clubs and balls and playing real equipment from Callaway...she'll appreciate it.
Hi ya Mr3putt...ahhh it is good to hear from you also...however you are very incorrect about me being interesting...watching paint dry is more interesting...also, I am NOT a high roller...I am just a little grain of sand on a BIG beach full of normal people type of sand...heck!...even the bigger grains of sand, sometimes kick sand into my face

I will tell Cougar that you said Hi...but I am too afraid to yell "Hi Dumbo Nation"...in my next post I will tell you what happened today at the Pro-Am...pretty darn interesting...anyway...see ya Mr3putt...you take care of yourself and Aloha!!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #10
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
How much did you win?
What hotel?
Texas Hold Em..how much was the buy-in?
All cash games, 1/2 or 1/3 Texas Holdem. Usually $200-300 byins. One short 2/5 with $500 buyin.

Played at Aria, Bellagio. Finished up from 12 midnight Saturday to 12 Noon on Sunday at Caesars.

Up around $1200.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote