Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Michelle Wie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #31

Originally Posted by sjhnatfan View Post
Yeah andCreamer Kerr and Lewis combined for 1.0 (.5 from Lewis & Kerr) on Sunday.

I didn't see this as a case of the US choking as I did as a case of the Euros kicking tale. Charley Hull flat took Paula to the woodshed. Paula didn't play bad, Charley just played better.
Yes, the Euros did kick butt... But, Paula was something like four over par when she played Hull... and that was for 14 holes (I think). Yes, Paula played poorly against Hull.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #32

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
The point is that Wie was outscored across the board. She was an average player on a terrible team.
That's a fair evaluation...
Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #33

Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
When points are scored in doubles competition, you can't tell which of the partners is responsible... one?.. the other?... both? From what I saw, Wie was carried by each of her doubles partners; Kerr, Korda and Lang. Did Wie ever have her score earn a hole while her partner did worse on the hole?... my recollection is that she didn't, but I could be wrong. So, those two points "she" earned don't reflect what she did. Losing the singles to a player who was at her worst in the singles is meaningful. Let's not forget that Wie was OVER PAR in that singles match.
Being over par in match play really means nothing. If win 3 holes with birdies and lose 1 with a quad I'd be 1 over but still be up by 2.
jumong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #34

Originally Posted by jumong View Post
Being over par in match play really means nothing. If win 3 holes with birdies and lose 1 with a quad I'd be 1 over but still be up by 2.

That's basically what I was saying.