Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Players

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 11:18 PM   #1

Who has more wins over the next 15 years?

Which player do you think will do more damage over the next 10 -15 years, Lexi Thompson or Brooke Henderson?

Both are long and aggressive, both are super exciting, and both want to be numero uno...
Lexi is scary good from tee to green and can overpower a golf course like nobody else can, but Brooke seems to have a more natural overall 'feel' for the game. She reminds me of Lorena Ochoa.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Arcade; 03-07-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
Forum Moderator

Thompson, based on past performance.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #3
Contest Statistician

THompson.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #4

10-15 years is too far out to predict.
So I'm only gonna predict based on wins only in the next 5 years.

On the LPGA in recent decades.....typically the great players are all around 5'6"...so Brooke is closer to that height than Lexi....so Brooke has that going for her.
BUT
Based on Lexi's length....I'm giving her the advantage over Brooke...because there will always be weeks where Lexi catches lightening in a bottle with her short game and flat stick.

I predict over the next 5 years
Lexi = 10 wins
Brooke = 7 wins

As a Canuck myself....it's funny seeing the Mericans fawn/drool over The Canadian Princess as if she's one of you own...oh wait...she's got blonde hair...while the black haired and yellow skinned...... and also young..... pros go virtually unnoticed by the Yanks....In Gee "Dumbo" Chun, Hyo Joo Kim, Sei Young Kim, Minjee....ok...ok...Ha Na's getting attention nowadays because she has won twice this year....seeks att'n with her victory celebrations and Ha Na's dad tried to maim Dumbo with a suitcase.....lol.

Last edited by Mr3putt; 03-08-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #5

I wanted to keep it to the really young phenom types. Obviously Ko is in the mix, but I left her out for the simple reason that she's at a more advanced stage in her development as a player then Lexi or Brooke are.

The Korean's are great players but I personally find their games more plodding and solid in general, although someone like SY Kim has a great dynamic personality to her game, but again, she's 5 years older then Brooke and 3 years older then Lexi..

Another thing to keep in mind is the women seem to peak much earlier then the men and have a lesser shelf life at the top. Then there is the issue of wanting kids and a family, which can slow or halt a career in the game. We saw this with Ochoa when she left another 20-25 wins on the table to start a family.

Last edited by Arcade; 03-09-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #6
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Arcade View Post
I wanted to keep it to the really young phenom types. Obviously Ko is in the mix, but I left her out for the simple reason that she's at a more advanced stage in her development as a player then Lexi or Brooke are.
I'm not sure how you can say that Ko is more advanced in her development. She's just a better. But by all measures, she's younger and less experienced than Lexi Thompson.

Thompson is three years older than Ko.
Thompson has been a pro for six years compared to Ko's two years.
Thompson has played in 27 majors. Ko has played in 17.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I'm not sure how you can say that Ko is more advanced in her development. She's just a better. But by all measures, she's younger and less experienced than Lexi Thompson.

Thompson is three years older than Ko.
Thompson has been a pro for six years compared to Ko's two years.
Thompson has played in 27 majors. Ko has played in 17.
True, my point was that Ko is more refined (in all areas) then Lexi and Brooke, particularly around the greens and in the mental game, where she is well beyond her years. Very few players can outthink Ko on the golf course. She's simply one of the best game managers there is. When I watch her play I wonder how she can get that much better beyond small refinements and gained experience. She is pretty much a finished product at 18.

For Lexi, I see definite areas she can improve, like her short game (especially putting!) and the leg action in her swing, which would make her short irons even better. It doesn't mean that she WILL improve dramatically, but she's young enough that she could.

Brooke is more of a 'feel' player then Miss Lydia with her homegrown swing and the manner in which she attacks the golf course. She will learn how to better manage herself around the track with more experience on tour and should also get more consistent with her chipping and putting. That will certainly help her close out tournaments better, not just in terms of winning but in consolidating top 5 - top 10 finishes. She still has a steep learning curve ahead of her, much steeper then Lydia has. The fact that she's the same age as Ko can be seen as a negative or positive, depending on how much you value her talent I guess.

Would love to read members opinions.

Last edited by Arcade; 03-09-2016 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:28 AM   #8
Forum Moderator

I still don't understand what you're getting at. If you're trying to find out who will be the most dominant of all the current young phenoms on the LPGA, Lydia Ko is the answer.

If you're trying to find out who will be the most dominant among two young blonde North Americans, Lexi has proven herself so far.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #9

I already know that Lydia will be the most dominant, but the original question was between Brooke and Lexi. Again, Lydia was excluded because it would have been an obvious answer to include her.

I don't want to offend anyone or for this question to become some kind of race issue (like everything else on the internet it seems), but it just so happens the two players who intrigue me the most on tour happen to be blonde...This is completely to do with their style of play and not with their skin tone or hair color.

If any members would like to add any players into the mix I'd be more then happy to discuss, I'm just trying to get some golf talk started. :)

Last edited by Arcade; 03-10-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #10
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Arcade View Post

If any members would like to add any players into the mix I'd be more then happy to discuss, I'm just trying to get some golf talk started. :)
I'll add everyone to the mix.

To me there is know guarantee that Ko will dominate year after year. I don't think it will happen. She will not dominate ala Tiger or Annika.

There are a lot more tough young players then ever before. Plus I think that the older guard of In Bee, Lewis and Petersen will be on the decline.

Things will be spread out among the younger players. Right now I see this young group as streaky.

There is a lot of good play out there, but I don't see on dominater because they are all so good.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote