Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Players

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 05:55 AM   #1

Gay LPGA Players

Hi All

With Gay Marriage being legal in the U.S after the Supreme Court ruling i thought i would list some of the known Gay LPGA Players. Please contribute if i have missed any KNOWN players

Sandra Haynie
Karrie Webb
Patty Sheehan
Pat Bradley
Beth Daniel
Meg Mallon
Rosie Jones
Jane Geddes
Kelly Robbins
Liselotte Neumann
Sally Little
Brandie Burton
Michele Redman
Sherri Turner
Sandra Spuzich
Muffin Spencer-Devlin
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #2

I know of a high profile player who is but since it's not public.... although all the players, LPGA staff and many journalists know.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #3

Johnboy you only hit a small tip of the iceberg.

I suspect, although some not verified to have opened the door of the closet

Betsy King
Sherrie Steinhauser
Val Skinner
Amy Alcott
Meaghan Frencella
Jenn Rosales
Mo Martin
Candie Kung
Jenn Shin
NYC
Jenn Song
Angela Stanford
Alena Sharp
Ryann O'Toole
Yani
Se Ri
Beth Allen

I'm confident there's a good 10-15 other current LPGA members too.....along with many from the old days.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #4

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu View Post
I know of a high profile player who is but since it's not public.... although all the players, LPGA staff and many journalists know.
Fet
I bet this player is in my list above?
Old 01-06-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
Contest Statistician

The Golf world is still a very conservative world.

I don't know of any currently active female golfers that publicly are out. Some of the old timers listed are public. The last golfer that I can remember that was out while active is Rosie Jones, and that was like 10+ years ago. There could of course be a few fringe players that I never heard of.

In here book Christina Kim said there were about 2 dozen gay women on tour out of about almost 200 active tour players. So it is not actually that many, but that book was a few years ago.

Not that any of this is important.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:58 PM   #6

Mr3putt, yes she is. There are 2-3 more that are active that I'm pretty sure are. NYC has been in a lot of social media pictures with Beth Daniel and Meg Mallon lately who knows if she swims in the lady pond she may just be an ally.

It will be monumental when a PGA player comes out. Crazy that NBA, NFL, MLB have multiple out players but not golf.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #7

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
I don't know of any currently active female golfers that publicly are out.

Some of the old timers listed are public. The last golfer that I can remember that was out while active is Rosie Jones, and that was like 10+ years ago. There could of course be a few fringe players that I never heard of.
Via their social media accounts....it's pretty obvious, current members, Ryann & Alena are 'out'.

Rosie walked out of the closet when she signed up with the company Olivia.

There are still quite a few gay LPGA pros...but not like the old days
Old 01-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #8

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu View Post
Mr3putt, yes she is. There are 2-3 more that are active that I'm pretty sure are. NYC has been in a lot of social media pictures with Beth Daniel and Meg Mallon lately who knows if she swims in the lady pond she may just be an ally.

It will be monumental when a PGA player comes out. Crazy that NBA, NFL, MLB have multiple out players but not golf.
I assume your 2-3 others might be Sandra Gal and Anna N?

It was a guy on ss.com that tipped us off about NYC....otherwise I had no clue...this was long before the pics with NYC with Beth, Meg, Karrie & Megan.

He suspected NYC and Jenn Song.....he noticed years ago of them pictured together....let's not forget about CADDYGATE with Jenn looping for NYC.
Seems like NYC and J. Song have broken up...there are now pics of Jenn Song with Hee Young Park...and NYC has been seen in pic's quite a bit lately with Jenny Shin.

These pics and info in social media give away stuff about the gals outside the ropes.

I suspected years ago with Ryann.
She posted stuff about her and her trainer, Andrea.
When Andrea looped for Ryann in the HSBC Brazil events years ago...it gave it away.

Seems like the only PGA pro who people suspect is gay...is Jose Maria Olazabal....it didn't help that his parents called him...Maria.

I've played golf for close to 5 decades and have never played with an obvious gay guy.
And through life....I've met some gay guys which none play golf.
Though I've met some lesbian golfers...including a past head pro and now General Manager of a private club.

Last edited by Mr3putt; 01-07-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #9

I doubt Sandra Gal or Anna Nordqvist are but you are pretty right about Ryann and Alena.

As for the old girls, i don't think Betsy King, Sherri Steinhauer and Angela Stanford are as they are pretty right wing Christians from what i hear!

Let me add that just because two female athletes spend time together does not mean they are Gay!

Last edited by Johnboy; 01-08-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:49 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
I doubt Sandra Gal or Anna Nordqvist are but you are pretty right about Ryann and Alena.

As for the old girls, i don't think Betsy King, Sherri Steinhauer and Angela Stanford are as they are pretty right wing Christians from what i hear!

Let me add that just because two female athletes spend time together does not mean they are Gay!
I agree about Betsy King and Angela Stanford.

From the LPGA veterans section. I also think
Silvia Bertolaccini, Marilyn Lovander, Martha Nause, Marta Figureres Doti, Anne-Marie Palli.

Maybe NYC's heart is broken and thus her poor play. Katherine Kirk has talked about how much a breakup can affect one's game.

I had a bad relationship a while back that at the end made me drink a lot, depressed, gained weight, and got into another bad rebound relationship.

Last edited by fetucinialfokcu; 01-08-2017 at 09:10 AM.