Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Players

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #11

Originally Posted by steve36m View Post
Dear Saint-Just X :

Whether we like it or not we all get labelled, gender, country, education, social strata etc. It is just the way it is.
When Inbee wins a tournament what do you hear ?.... Korea is really turning out some fine golfers.
So too, when something not so nice occurs the larger group suffers.
Does that mean...just because Harvey Oswald, an American, assassinated John F. Kennedy all Americans are bad? Just because Al Gore invented the internet all Americans are smart?
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 AM   #12

Dear Saint-Just X :

Whether we like it or not we all get labelled, gender, country, education, social strata etc. It is just the way it is.
When Inbee wins a tournament what do you hear ?.... Korea is really turning out some fine golfers.
So too, when something not so nice occurs the larger group suffers.
Your analogy doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

When Inbee Park wins,people mention the strength of Korean golf because she is one of a whole host of Korean players who excel on the LPGA tour. She is part of an ongoing trend.

Chella Choi is not part of any larger Korean cheating contingent ; she's an individual who committed a rules infraction who just happens to be Korean.

Did Tiger Woods discredit the USA when he took an illegal drop at the Masters in 2013 ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 08-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #13

I am simply saying that " groups ", any groups, tend to get painted with the same brush.
steve36m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:28 AM   #14

I am simply saying that " groups ", any groups, tend to get painted with the same brush.
Why don't you just be honest and admit that you have a "personal dislike" for Chella Choi or maybe the Korean people...because if you don't you discredit yourself, your fellow posters, your family, MyLPGA.com and the country where you are from.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:50 AM   #15

Dangerbob:

Interesting take on this topic i.e. to turn it from Choi's public,willful cheating to something about me.
I can only surmise that you have just discredited yourself, family, associates and country for using this tactic.
I will tell you what I don't like Bob, I don't like cheating especially in Golf.
I also don't like an organization ( LPGA ) that refuses to protect all of their players, which, of course, includes a number of Koreans.
I don't like an organization that refuses to deal with an issue head on that demands such action to protect the Game of Golf and the integrity of their organization.
I don't like an organization that lets a member of that organization choose their own punishment ( DQ herself. )

If Choi had made the cut by cheating, she would have cost those 17 golfers who would not have made the cut approximately $ 60,000.00 .... some of whom were Koreans. $ 60,000 theft is a long stay in federal prison.

Those are some of the things I don't like Bob.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #16

Dangerbob:

Interesting take on this topic i.e. to turn it from Choi's public,willful cheating to something about me.
I can only surmise that you have just discredited yourself, family, associates and country for using this tactic.
I will tell you what I don't like Bob, I don't like cheating especially in Golf.
I also don't like an organization ( LPGA ) that refuses to protect all of their players, which, of course, includes a number of Koreans.
I don't like an organization that refuses to deal with an issue head on that demands such action to protect the Game of Golf and the integrity of their organization.
I don't like an organization that lets a member of that organization choose their own punishment ( DQ herself. )

If Choi had made the cut by cheating, she would have cost those 17 golfers who would not have made the cut approximately $ 60,000.00 .... some of whom were Koreans. $ 60,000 theft is a long stay in federal prison.

Those are some of the things I don't like Bob.
Well, well Mr. Steve...Like they say, "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgement you judge, you shall be judged, and what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you."
What you are doing my friend is...you are judging someone without any evidence of truth except your own conclusion. Only by what you see on tv without any kind of research of what actually happened. In other words, you are accusing someone with cheating when you were not actually there and you are disregarding the judgement of others who actually witnessed what happened. (e.g. the golf rules officials.) According to our constitution, "someone is innocent until proven guilty."
We also have the freedom of choice. "If you don't like what you see or what you hear...and if you don't like it here, don't let the door knob hit you on the rear." Have a good day...

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #17

Another assumption on your part Mr. Steve. As the Marine would say, "'IF' my aunt had a dingdong, I would have had an uncle."

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #18

Bob :

I saw the practiced sleight of hand and I saw the still photo's.
I heard Judy Rankin describe the move in very diplomatic terms calling it everything but cheating.
I too, can quote the Bible, " he that seeketh findeth "
However, I do appreciate your Christian sensibilities and I will continue to try harder to act accordingly.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #19

Steve:
I hate to use the term, for obvious reasons, but you're beating a dead horse.
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #20

Bob :

I saw the practiced sleight of hand and I saw the still photo's.
I heard Judy Rankin describe the move in very diplomatic terms calling it everything but cheating.
I too, can quote the Bible, " he that seeketh findeth "
However, I do appreciate your Christian sensibilities and I will continue to try harder to act accordingly.
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."Ex. 20:16 ESV.
Accusing someone of cheating based on your assumption or opinion is bearing false witness against your neighbor so to speak. And publishing it in cyberspace without concrete or solid evidence, especially against a public figure, is "defamation of ones character" and like a $60.000 theft, could be a long stay in Federal prison.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!