Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Erica Blasberg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2006, 03:42 AM   #1
Contest Statistician

Send a message via Yahoo to DJGOLFER59
erica blasberg

hey guys i know i talk about erica blasberg a lot. shes such a great person. ive been able to meet her. shes from my hometown and i used to play along side her in ajga events (obviously i was in the boys league and her the girls league)

anyway, shes been playing well lately and hopefully she can earn full status on tour. she has a website too if you want to learn more about her (no i dont run her site) ericablasberg.com

so hopefully more people will get to know her and root for her, i know i will!
DJGOLFER59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #2

Erica is hot

Ok, she is also hot as in 8 under par after two rounds at State Farm. I started watching LPGA earlier this year..........and am hooked. It is fun/interesting to watch someone like Erica go from a good player to a great player. Her stats clearly show her improvements.

Her web site is a bit overboard and she seems like she is seeking to be fame a bit too much, so it is good to hear she is a good person. She is a future celeb and great player..........people should watch her rise up the ADT in the 2nd half.
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
Contest Statistician

i hope your right buster, she was a good amateur player and collegiate player as well, all it takes is one good week and she could kick start her year. i really hope she can hang on this weekend and put up a good showing. she had a career best tie for 25th in shoprite this year, hope she can better that.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #4

Qualification rules to LPGA?

Just trying to find out if someone like Erica has to requalify for the LPGA next year by playing in some qualifying tournament or what the rules are to automatically qualify? Someone mentioned this qualification conern as well with Jennifer Rosales. Does Erica have to be concerned with this?
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
Contest Statistician

buster, im sure someone could help you out more, but if she finishes top 90 at the end of the year on the money list she has full status next year on tour. and i believe she recieves partial status according to where she finishes outside the top 90. if she doesnt get full exemption she will play in q-school which takes place in november i think and the top 24 recieve full status for next year, and partial status as it goes past 24 etc.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:13 AM   #6
Contest Statistician

not a bad round of 1 over today. i was looking at her stats and was suprised to see her 44th in rounds under par. she hasnt had any super low rounds this year (i think a couple 67's) but it shows that she can get around the course in the red. i think she problem is putting two round together. the last couple weeks shes played more and im sure thats helped her game. pretty solid finishes lately, around 30th her last couple outings. keep it up erica.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
Contest Statistician

Currently at the Longs Drugs shes plus 2 through 8 in round 2, and barely inside the cut line. She's gonna need a good finish this and next week to finish top 90 on the money list and be fully exempt for next year.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #8

Here is some info about active Tour players having to requalify through q-school.

If you finish in the top-90 you receive/retain exempt status. There are also other things that qualify you for more years of exempt status like winning tournaments etc. Winning certain tournaments give you more years than others like majors (winning a major gives you five exempt years).

If you finish between 91 and 125 and don't have any exempt years left you are now a non-exempt player.

Players finishing oustide 125 loose their card. (unless you have exempt years left)

Tour players are allowed to automatically go to the final q-school. Players usually choose to go back to q-school when they have lost their card or when they are between 91 and 125 and are trying to gain exempt status.

Erica Blasberg went back to q-school in 2005 because as a rookie she was non-exempt and didn't make it into the top 90 to become exempt. However she didn't finish high enough in the final q-school to earn exempt status so she remained non-exempt in 2006.

Here's a pdf that show status and how it was obtained. There are many factors that go into how you are classified as exempt or non-exempt.

http://www.lpga.com/content/2006PLAYERROSTER.pdf
Par-Tee Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
Contest Statistician

Thanks Par tee girl, that explains a lot.

Erica made the cut! From looking like 2 over wouldnt hold up shes in 43rd place and in good position for a good weekend!!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:45 PM   #10

She has made the cut in eight of her last nine tournaments, after she changed caddies.
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote