Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #1

Yani Tseng Throws Out First Pitch at Mets Game

from my blog: Yani Tseng Throws Out First Pitch At Mets Game 4.9.2012 Fairways and Forehands

World #1 golfer Yani Tseng threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Citi Field in New York prior to a baseball game between the New York Mets and Washington Nationals on April 9, 2012. The Mets won, 4-3, pushing their early season record to 4-0. I will try to get more media of the event.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #2

Thanks for the post, Bobby! I wanted to catch the game tonight to see Yani but unfortunately wasn't able to. Happy to get a quick peek!
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #3

You're welcome...as promised, here is some more media:

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #4

Was that a big,looping curve she was throwing,there ?

To be honest,it was better than most of the pitches Brian Matusz threw against the Yanks,last night...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #5

Couldn't understand a word she said, but she seems to be quite the chatterbox in her native language.

From what i could gather, the Nats manager wants to see her throw a couple more times but thinks she will be ready to join the starting rotation.
TheBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #6

My Chinese language skills are a bit horrible...but Yani essentially said this in the first video:

1. She was excited & happy at the opportunity to throw out the game's first pitch. She wanted to personally thank the Mets organization for the opportunity.

2. She was disappointed that she wasn't able to see Jeremy Lin & Chien-Ming Wang play during her time in NYC. She hopes both of them make a speedy recovery.

3. She practiced throwing the ball but was nervous when she threw it. She was a bit disappointed that she threw a 'wayward' ball. Overall, I thought she did well...a bit better than Chie Arimura. If you'd like to see Chie's throw, please go to Bangkok Bobby's excellent site for the video!

The second video I'll leave someone a bit more fluent than me to translate....perhaps Coolfish? Ha ha.

Last edited by prime007; 04-11-2012 at 12:49 AM.
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote