Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 01:15 AM   #1

Yani Tseng Reaches Out To Fans During Struggles

If you're a regular here, you know what Yani Tseng has been and what struggles she's having now. I won't get into that. She posted a message to fans on Facebook that I thought I should share here. Facebook uses Bing to translate. I used Google. Both have obvious flaws, but reading through this you can get the idea of what she's saying. First, what Yani posted in Chinese and then the very rough translation. She also posted a picture of the name Jesus in skywriting. Here's what she posted and then I'll post my thoughts afterwards.

這幾天去看了大家的留言..有愛的教育,有鐵的紀律,我由衷的感謝大家..謝謝你們把我當成是你們的家人, 女兒,朋友..對我的不放棄..對我的關心和鼓勵!!還有一些很厲害的分析!
沒錯..我的第一桿這一兩年都出了很大的問題! 上球道率下降了非常的多..真的真的真的很歪,75%是心理層面..25%技術..這一兩年一直碰到一樣的 問題,練習時打很好,好到我覺得準備好可以打好成績了..但一到比賽時我的頭腦我的身體就是不聽使喚地想東 想西想一些自己控制不了的事情..站在開球台上的我..是害怕,是膽怯,沒有勇氣的..上次的美國公開賽以 為我準備好了,但我又再度被自己打敗了..
這次英國公開賽....真的..我好喜歡好喜歡這個球場..我打到在球上快打不下去了..沒有信心沒有勇氣 去打下一桿! 這對我來講是很大很大的打擊,我覺得真的可以打好了..但不管是失常還是正常..我都是被我自己狠狠的打敗 !真的覺得好丟臉好丟臉..
我抬不起頭..我不敢面對任何人..我心裡這一關過不去..哭得很難過..停不下來..本來想回台灣走走的 ..但我選擇回到Orlando一個人靜一靜五天沒有碰球桿...讓我不在像以前感到罪惡感,感覺是真的在 活著我的人生..也有可能是因為我知道就是頭腦裝大便,知道頭腦修不好是沒有用的..然而這幾天開始練球. .心中又開始有了擔心..但又開心..因為打好球讓我開心..但又擔心我打不好!! 真讓人矛盾..
但是我感謝上天,感謝上帝給我這個機會,讓我永遠都有下一個機會去挑戰去改變..
我會帶著你們的鼓勵與教誨繼續地走下去..從以前你們不認識我..到認識我..到現在陪我一起走過這些困難 ..我還在途中..所以不想放棄,也不會放棄的..
曼德拉說: 生命最棒的榮耀不在於永遠都不曾失敗,而是在於每次我們失敗後再站起來..
我現在就是在努力地想站起來...

ROUGH TRANSLATION

These days we see a message .. love of education, iron discipline, I sincerely thank you .. thank you to me as your family, daughter, friend .. do not give up on me .. my concern and encouragement!! there are some very powerful analysis!

Yeah .. my first pole of the year are out of the big problem! Fairways rate has dropped very much .. really really really crooked, is the psychological level of 75% .. 25% technology. . this year has encountered the same problem, playing well during practice, I feel good to be ready to lay the results of the game .. but one to my mind is to lose control of my body and thoughts want some of their own can not control things .. I'm standing on the stage kickoff .. scared, timid, the courage of the last U.S. Open .. thought I was ready, but I was myself again defeated. .

The British Open .... really .. I love love this stadium .. I hit the ball Kombat not go .. no confidence in the courage to play the next shot! Which for me is very big big blow, I think it can lay .. but whether abnormal or normal .. I always was severely beat myself! really good feel good humiliating disgrace ..
I suppressed .. anyone .. I dare not face the hurdle of trying to find fault .. my heart cried very sad .. can not stop .. had wanted to return to Taiwan to walk .. but I chose to return to Orlando a person quiet five days without touching a club ... so that I do not feel guilt, as before, the feeling is really living my life .. it could also be because I know the mind is installed stool, is that the mind can not fix it no use .. However these days and begin practicing on .. mind began to worry about .. but happy .. because lay the ball makes me happy .. but worried I play well!! really makes contradictory. .

But I thank God, thank God for giving me this opportunity, so I always have the next opportunity to challenge to change ..

I will bring you encouragement and teachings continue to go on .. you do not know me from before .. to know me .. now accompany me through these difficult .. I'm still on the way .. I do not want to give up, too do not give up ..

Mandela said: Life is not the greatest glory never had failed, but in rising every time we fail to stand up again ..

I am now working hard to want to stand up ...

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 07-20-2014 at 10:05 PM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #2

First of all, she asks us not to give up on her. I'll never give up on her. But all I want is for her to be happy playing golf. I know winning tends to make one happier, especially a great champion like Yani, but Se Ri Pak was once in this kind of mental struggle with her game and herself...she's in a much happier place now, even if she hasn't won for awhile. Missing the cut at the WBO seems to have really hit Yani hard, probably because she's won it twice and finished runner-up. One of those wins was at Royal Birkdale. She probably felt she had a chance. During her greatest success, the WBO was arguably her strongest Major. Now she's missed the cut in back to back years.

She says it's 75% psychological. If so, then maybe a break would be the best thing. Get away. Don't touch the clubs until she's ready to come back and just have fun playing, not getting too caught up in results.

Whatever the solutions is, I hope she finds it. She has always been a favorite of mine.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #3

Not sure what to think about all this. Yani seems to be in a very bad place mentally. Clearly, it's not a good place to be as it relates to playing golf, let alone getting on with one's life.

Some of it is disturbing.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #4
Contest Statistician

I know it is the age of social media but why put this out there like that. Seems a bit disturbing.

I hope she saved her money.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #5

Yani needs a real caddie to help keep her focused on the course and on the range. When I saw her at the range at the ANA Inspiration, she was not in it at all. She was socializing with her entourage and not practicing. Her best caddie was Jason Hamilton, now with Lydia Ko.
LPGAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #6

Yani is toast...she's becoming the female Mike Weir.
Hang it up.
It's been 4 years and she still has not been able to find her game.
Yes...her issues are likely 90% mental.

Yani is a nice young lady.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #7
Contest Statistician

Problem started when she lifted the trophy on the first hole of the final round of the Kraft.

Bad Mojo. She went on to lose and her game died after that. Then she bought Annika's house. More bad mojo.

You don't think that the Kraft incident is not on her mind all the time. She picked it up smiled like it was her's and she did not need to play. She has lost the game mentally. You do not get that back.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #8

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
Problem started when she lifted the trophy on the first hole of the final round of the Kraft.

Bad Mojo. She went on to lose and her game died after that. Then she bought Annika's house. More bad mojo.

You don't think that the Kraft incident is not on her mind all the time. She picked it up smiled like it was her's and she did not need to play. She has lost the game mentally. You do not get that back.
+1000000

The Golf Gods HAVE NEVER forgiven her.
Obviously Yani doesn't watch the NHL....the players avoid touching the President's trophy.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:51 PM   #9

It's sad to see someone who once dominated the leaderboard fall down from heaven. I hope she can rise to the top again and after a few years, retire honorably.
LPGAFan is offline   Reply With Quote