Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #1

Yani Tseng interview (WB0 '12)

Hey, amigos! What's going on? It's been a while since the last time I posted something (I do read on a regular basis, though).

I want to share with you something I wrote on Yani. She answered some questions for me yesterday, so I really hope you like this piece.

Yani Tseng's Quest to Stay on Top of Women's Golf.

Your feedback is appreciated, as usual!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #2

Nice story, well told. You're the best, Shampi.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #3

Thanks a bunch, Your Honor! It's great reading you :)
Old 09-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #4

Hi Shampi
Nice article.....thorough and to the point.

I saw Yani recently at the CWO.....you can see the increased level of stress on Yani vs. what I observed in 2010.

The same can be said with Paula and other pros who have been frustrated with not accomplishing performance objectives.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
The same can be said with Paula and other pros who have been frustrated with not accomplishing performance objectives.
Exactly Mr3putt: To be NUMERO UNO, you have to forget about eventual failures and frustrations. Yani, from Shampi's interview, is aware of her challenge. Hope she makes it.

Last edited by Elf; 09-14-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #6

Elf
No question Yani is putting this pressure onto herself.....but a lot of gals are frustrated.
But Yani is working on trying to relax...she was a chatted box with Laura Diaz the 1st 2nds at the CWO.

Paula is also frustrated.....she's not won for a long time and her putter has left her.
Brittany Lang....usually a laid back cool cucumber showed anxiety that I have never witnessed b4.
The very friendly Lexi was so upset after a 3 putt....even I was about ready to shed a tear after what I witnessed.

The pressure to win is so great out there.

But many of the Asians, if not all, are so even keel.....this IMO is a major reason why they win at the level they do.
I saw In Bee 3 putt and then she stood 5 ft from me.....there was absolutely no sign of emotion or frustration.

Last edited by Mr3putt; 09-14-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #7

Paula's putter has been terrible lately. When she finds her mojo she'll win multiple times in te same season. She's getting there. On a personal level she's come a long way.

She used to be colder with people, but since her surgery she seems like a whole new person.

I have been lucky enough to talk to her on a regular basis since 2010 and she deserves all my respect.

Yani is a wonderful player, be she's a better human being. I've had 2 great experiences with her.

At the '07 MasterCard Classic, she lost in the last hole, so I went to tell her I was sorry and she just hugged me and stated crying.

The other one at last year's Lorena Ochoa Invitational. I had only interviewed her once, in '07, when she came into the room she looked at me and said: "I knew it was you, how's everything going with the magazine? I hear you're now writing for CNNMexico".

She's a class act!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!
Shampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
Elf

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
The pressure to win is so great out there.

But many of the Asians, if not all, are so even keel.....this IMO is a major reason why they win at the level they do.
I saw In Bee 3 putt and then she stood 5 ft from me.....there was absolutely no sign of emotion or frustration.
Mr3putt. You are a nice guy. I, as probably many others in the DB, like you. But do me a favor: STOP COMPARING ASIANS AND OTHER RACES IN ALL REGARDS. We are all humans, and I get fed up about stupid comparisons.

The board is about Golf, not about culture differences. Go to National Geography for that kind of BS. And if you do, take thecrow with you.
Sorry SHAMPI, that you very nice interview is becoming racial

Last edited by Elf; 09-14-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #9

No worries, Elf. Actually I agree with Mr3putt.

I've seen the way the Asians are pressured, especially by her parents.

I remember in '07 at the MasterCard Classic, Na Yeon was T2 after 54 holes, she actually played great.

Her father came by and started yelling at her, he then went to the players dinner and NYC stood there just crying and he waited until she calmed down to catch him. I was very surprised!

Last edited by Shampi; 09-14-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Shampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
Elf

Originally Posted by Shampi View Post
No worries, Elf. Actually I agree with Mr3putt.

I've seen the way the Asians are pressured, especially by her parents.

I remember in '07 at the MasterCard Classic, Na Yeon was T2 after 54 holes, she actually played great.

Her father came by and started yelling at her, he then went to the players dinner and NYC stood there just crying and he waited until she calmed down to catch him. I was very surprised!
If I yell at my daughters, I will lose them, they have character.
BTW. What is your opinionn about M Navarro?