Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
airlin.... I wouldn't go to much trouble if I were you.

There seem to be only 2 Yani fans who are showing any interest at all in the documentary.

Such a shame since she's the #1 player in the world, and likely to remain so for a while!
Just because people didn't post here doesn't mean they are not interested. After three posts showing interest, Airlin said he'd try to translate the video. There wasn't any need for more replies.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #12

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Just because people didn't post here doesn't mean they are not interested. After three posts showing interest, Airlin said he'd try to translate the video. There wasn't any need for more replies.

Well, there are 3 part videos in this Yani Tseng documentary. I will do it in my spare time at work (maybe lunch time haha) but the video is quiet long and I know Bankokbobby has shown the first part of the documentary in previous reply but there are two more. So I will try my best to get at least part 1 complete.

I am a great fans of LPGA not just because of Yani's rising these few years but I've lived in Houston Texas for 12 years and have been on golf team for my school and just loved all men/women golf sports. So I like to get behind on each golfer's mind set, their learning curve and how they become successful so its always a great things to learn from these.

Cheers guys!

Last edited by airlin; 03-25-2012 at 10:10 AM.
airlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by airlin View Post
Well, there are 3 part videos in this Yani Tseng documentary. I will do it in my spare time at work (maybe lunch time haha) but the video is quiet long and I know Bankokbobby has shown the first part of the documentary in previous reply but there are two more. So I will try my best to get at least part 1 complete.

I am a great fans of LPGA not just because of Yani's rising these few years but I've lived in Houston Texas for 12 years and have been on golf team for my school and just loved all men/women golf sports. So I like to get behind on each golfer's mind set, their learning curve and how they become successful so its always a great things to learn from these.

Cheers guys!
Thank you for doing this.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #14

Thank you for doing this.
Just received the official reply from FTV (Formosa TV) today, FTV is a Taiwan privately owned TV station and producer of Yani Tseng documentary, they said that due to the video has legal copy right issue, they suggest me not to do any editings on their original film unless getting official permission by their managements.

To save all these trouble of going throught this long process, I will decide to do a simple and perhaps a easiest way to avoid any legal issues. Which is, to have a diagloue type of text file indicating the person in film who is speaking in each scenes so the viewer can reference to easily as they watch the film.

So please bear with my simple but un-proffesional type of video presentation on this documentary guys.

cheers!
airlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
Forum Moderator

Can you post it on YouTube and use YouTube's caption feature to add some text in English?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #16

Ur right, I think everyone here loves Yani, other than gxer, just maybe..
Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
Administrator

Just received the official reply from FTV (Formosa TV) today, FTV is a Taiwan privately owned TV station and producer of Yani Tseng documentary, they said that due to the video has legal copy right issue, they suggest me not to do any editings on their original film unless getting official permission by their managements.

To save all these trouble of going throught this long process, I will decide to do a simple and perhaps a easiest way to avoid any legal issues. Which is, to have a diagloue type of text file indicating the person in film who is speaking in each scenes so the viewer can reference to easily as they watch the film.

So please bear with my simple but un-proffesional type of video presentation on this documentary guys.

cheers!
Hi airlin interesting with the copyright issues. There are a couple of routes I'd investigate for this. 1: If you are going to do a english voice translation I'd suggest to make a separate video or audio mp3 and upload to youtube, people could play them at the same time. I'm still not sure if this would fall under copyright but i think it would in some way.

2: I'm pretty sure that subtitles translations that you plug into video software as a text file are legal and do not fall under copyright. But this would be a lot of work.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote