Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #1

Yani Tseng 2011 Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Music Video

from my blog: Yani Tseng 2011 Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship Music Video Fairways and Forehands

How fitting that in the Year of Yani, the best player in the world won the first LPGA event in her homeland. I love this video Freedomedia did to honor her victory. I can’t wait for the LPGA season to begin. Until then, we can look back with this:

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 01-06-2012 at 11:00 PM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #2

Dang...missed the video. Looks like the owner took it down. Still...its utterly amazing how you're able to find this stuff Bobby. Thanks for the numerous times you posted video content for everyone to enjoy!
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #3

I'll keep an eye out to see if they re-post it...I don't like to do it, but something told me to rip the video myself and re-load it to an unlisted link...I should have followed my first instinct...it is a very nice video...

---Bruce Lee

Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #4

Try the video again, prime007...they reposted shortly after taking the original one down...that happens sometimes...but even if they yank it again, this time I ripped it from YouTube...I don't want to have to repost to an unlisted link, but I will if I must.

---Bruce Lee

Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #5

Wow...thanks Bobby! Looking at it right now....you're right, it's really really good! Freedomedia did a wonderful job...this is really slick! It sorta give me a feeling of what it might have felt like to be in Taiwan during the Sunrise tournament.

Awesome...thanks again for the video, Bobby!
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #6

That was well done....Thanx, Bobby

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #7

And for those of you here in the U.S. of A who are complaining that Yani Tseng isn't getting enough publicity by the media, she is "big" in Taiwan, just like Ai Miyasato is "big" in Japan. And it's just fitting that they're worshipped in their own country. You, who are complaining here in the U.S.A that Yani doesn't get enough recognization by the media, is just like a "Taiwanese complaining that Paula Creamer doesn't get enough recognized by the writers in Taiwan!"
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #8

BKB
Thx for the vid...great reminder how the Taiwanese fans came out to support the event.

I'm not sure if we had a Canadian LPGA superstar if you'd see all the flag waving as in Taiwan....maybe if the CWO is played in Alberta...where they really support sporting events.

The Pink Diva needs to stop whining about more domestic events (read a previous article).....she is the last one who should complain...she can afford international travel and in the Swing Skirts event.....was met at the airport by her fans, media and a custom Pink Panther logo'ed Benz.

I don't recall international players sniffling about playing in the US.

Look at some of the sparse galleries at events last yr....LPGA Championship and the WBO...and these are majors.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #9

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
And for those of you here in the U.S. of A who are complaining that Yani Tseng isn't getting enough publicity by the media, she is "big" in Taiwan, just like Ai Miyasato is "big" in Japan. And it's just fitting that they're worshipped in their own country. You, who are complaining here in the U.S.A that Yani doesn't get enough recognization by the media, is just like a "Taiwanese complaining that Paula Creamer doesn't get enough recognized by the writers in Taiwan!"
The difference, DB, is that Paula's not a full time player in Taiwan
Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #10

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
The difference, DB, is that Paula's not a full time player in Taiwan
So, Yani, being a full-time member of the LPGA, is she a full time player in Taiwan? I believe, so far, there is only one LPGA event in Taiwan. It's just like if you live in Ohio, you root for Cleveland Browns or the Cincinnati Bengals who by the way were demolished by the Houston Texans. It was just like LeBrons James being worshipped by the Ohioans before he left and played for the Miami Heat. But the only time he was mentioned in the sport pages of the Denver post was when he played against the Nuggets!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 01-07-2012 at 11:16 PM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote