LPGA Golf Forum

LPGA Golf Forum (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/)
-   Yani Tseng (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f71/)
-   -   Yani Tseng 2011 Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Music Video (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f71/yani-tseng-2011-sunrise-lpga-taiwan-music-video-7497.html)

bangkokbobby 01-06-2012 12:17 AM

Yani Tseng 2011 Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Music Video

from my blog: Yani Tseng 2011 Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship Music Video Fairways and Forehands

How fitting that in the Year of Yani, the best player in the world won the first LPGA event in her homeland. I love this video Freedomedia did to honor her victory. I can’t wait for the LPGA season to begin. Until then, we can look back with this:

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Y...SIqukSXg1l.jpg

prime007 01-06-2012 01:31 AM

Dang...missed the video. Looks like the owner took it down. Still...its utterly amazing how you're able to find this stuff Bobby. Thanks for the numerous times you posted video content for everyone to enjoy!

bangkokbobby 01-06-2012 01:55 AM

I'll keep an eye out to see if they re-post it...I don't like to do it, but something told me to rip the video myself and re-load it to an unlisted link...I should have followed my first instinct...it is a very nice video...

bangkokbobby 01-06-2012 11:02 PM

Try the video again, prime007...they reposted shortly after taking the original one down...that happens sometimes...but even if they yank it again, this time I ripped it from YouTube...I don't want to have to repost to an unlisted link, but I will if I must. :banana:

prime007 01-06-2012 11:18 PM

Wow...thanks Bobby! Looking at it right now....you're right, it's really really good! Freedomedia did a wonderful job...this is really slick! It sorta give me a feeling of what it might have felt like to be in Taiwan during the Sunrise tournament.

Awesome...thanks again for the video, Bobby!

Buzzer 01-07-2012 11:08 AM

That was well done....Thanx, Bobby:ani_thumbup:

Viva Annika

dangerbob 01-07-2012 01:30 PM

And for those of you here in the U.S. of A who are complaining that Yani Tseng isn't getting enough publicity by the media, she is "big" in Taiwan, just like Ai Miyasato is "big" in Japan. And it's just fitting that they're worshipped in their own country. You, who are complaining here in the U.S.A that Yani doesn't get enough recognization by the media, is just like a "Taiwanese complaining that Paula Creamer doesn't get enough recognized by the writers in Taiwan!"

Mr3putt 01-07-2012 02:43 PM

BKB
Thx for the vid...great reminder how the Taiwanese fans came out to support the event.

I'm not sure if we had a Canadian LPGA superstar if you'd see all the flag waving as in Taiwan....maybe if the CWO is played in Alberta...where they really support sporting events.

The Pink Diva needs to stop whining about more domestic events (read a previous article).....she is the last one who should complain...she can afford international travel and in the Swing Skirts event.....was met at the airport by her fans, media and a custom Pink Panther logo'ed Benz.

I don't recall international players sniffling about playing in the US.

Look at some of the sparse galleries at events last yr....LPGA Championship and the WBO...and these are majors.

MarinePaul 01-07-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerbob (Post 124006)
And for those of you here in the U.S. of A who are complaining that Yani Tseng isn't getting enough publicity by the media, she is "big" in Taiwan, just like Ai Miyasato is "big" in Japan. And it's just fitting that they're worshipped in their own country. You, who are complaining here in the U.S.A that Yani doesn't get enough recognization by the media, is just like a "Taiwanese complaining that Paula Creamer doesn't get enough recognized by the writers in Taiwan!"

The difference, DB, is that Paula's not a full time player in Taiwan

dangerbob 01-07-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinePaul (Post 124008)
The difference, DB, is that Paula's not a full time player in Taiwan

So, Yani, being a full-time member of the LPGA, is she a full time player in Taiwan? I believe, so far, there is only one LPGA event in Taiwan. It's just like if you live in Ohio, you root for Cleveland Browns or the Cincinnati Bengals who by the way were demolished by the Houston Texans. It was just like LeBrons James being worshipped by the Ohioans before he left and played for the Miami Heat. But the only time he was mentioned in the sport pages of the Denver post was when he played against the Nuggets!