Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #1

Yani A "Sports Genius" says Na Yeon Choi

from my blog: Yani Tseng A “Sports Genius” Says Competitor (and Friend) Na Yeon Choi Fairways and Forehands

Yani Tseng and Na Yeon Choi (with their 2010 Player of the Year Trophy and Vare Trophy)

2010 Vare Trophy and LPGA money list winner Na Yeon Choi is both competitor and friend to 2010 and 2011 LPGA Player of the Year Yani Tseng. She has had the opportunity to see Yani’s athletic ability both on and off the course and calls the world #1 an “omnipotent sports genius” who excels in squash, billiards and basketball. NYC gave an interview to the Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo in which she spoke about how impressed she is by Tseng’s natural athletic gifts. The article is here: NYC on Yani, but if you don’t read hangul (Korean alphabet), you can read more here: NYC on Yani (Focus Taiwan).

Yani and Na Yeon Choi with LPGA pioneer Louise Suggs

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 10-26-2011 at 12:09 AM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #2

Thanks for the article, Bobby! A bit comical that Google Translate translated the headline of the original article, "Choenayeon rival cheongyanie abusive? "I thought you were a man"".

I'm a big fan of both players. This is Yani's year and she has put some distance between her and the rest of the field. But I really believe that NYC isn't that far off from Yani. It seems like she's now starting to play up to her 2010 Vare form. Wouldn't that be something?

I'm hoping she plays well in Japan (either winning the Morinaga Weider Hisako Higuchi Ladies or Mizuno Classic) and then battles Yani for the last two trophies of the year.
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote