Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,137
Unhappy Yani poses with "The Tombstone"

On LPGA.com's home page, photo and story 1, Yani is shown with The Tombstone Mrs. "Clueless" Bivens gave to the Corning folks.

It is spooky, in more ways than one, seeing Yani in the photo with that "thing"!
__________________
My "dream" girl: LPGA seasonal tour stats <=66 & >=270
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
greentee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,484
Originally Posted by gxer View Post
On LPGA.com's home page, photo and story 1, Yani is shown with The Tombstone Mrs. "Clueless" Bivens gave to the Corning folks.

It is spooky, in more ways than one, seeing Yani in the photo with that "thing"!
That is a little scary, reminds one of the dead.... would be better if it were colored green.... but then I guess its black marble for winners forever. To bad this was the last event ever there... wonder what they will do with it now?

As for the trophy its a big glass crystal I guess, from the other pictures of her holding it. (The link below is an article on Yani's win and in there one can blowup the pic to large size.... also an article on the end of the Corning is also below in the link).

Good win for Yani, (a Chinese, ((well Taiwanese)), second win on the LPGA I think). And the first win for her says you can do it, this second one says it was no fluke. :-)

2009 LPGA Corning Classic | Tseng gets the job done in Corning | iseekgolf.com
__________________
... I am not a tree, I am a tee... hit me, ah... wait a minute...
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by greentee View Post
Good win for Yani, (a Chinese, ((well Taiwanese)), second win on the LPGA I think). And the first win for her says you can do it, this second one says it was no fluke. :-)
The second win for Yani but she's not the first player from Taiwan to win on tour. Maybe that's not what you meant.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by gxer View Post
On LPGA.com's home page, photo and story 1, Yani is shown with The Tombstone Mrs. "Clueless" Bivens gave to the Corning folks.

It is spooky, in more ways than one, seeing Yani in the photo with that "thing"!
Here's the picture. Bivens killed and buried the Corning then put in a tombstone. Unbelievable.

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
greentee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,484
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
The second win for Yani but she's not the first player from Taiwan to win on tour. Maybe that's not what you meant.
You are correct.... and I did not know another Taiwanese had won an LPGA event... who would that be?
__________________
... I am not a tree, I am a tee... hit me, ah... wait a minute...
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 8,807
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Here's the picture. Bivens killed and buried the Corning then put in a tombstone. Unbelievable.

Damn, it really does look like a tombstone.
__________________
Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you have.
MarinePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by greentee View Post
You are correct.... and I did not know another Taiwanese had won an LPGA event... who would that be?
Candie Kung has won four times: three times in 2003 and once in 2008. She is a US citizen now but was not when she won in '03.

Last edited by Blue; 05-26-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
greentee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,484
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Candie Kung has won four times, three times in 2003 and once in 2008. She is a US citizen now but was not when she won in '03.
I did not know that, thankyou.
__________________
... I am not a tree, I am a tee... hit me, ah... wait a minute...
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
dangerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by greentee View Post
I did not know that, thankyou.
That doesn't surprise me a bit!

__________________
"On this hapless EARTH
There's small SINCERITY of mirth
And LAUGHTER oft is but an ART
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"


Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
greentee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,484
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
That doesn't surprise me a bit!

Does anything.... surprise you?
__________________
... I am not a tree, I am a tee... hit me, ah... wait a minute...
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!