Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Just because Annika said it...it doesn't mean it's going to happen. Golf is a funny game...She can be good this year and badly falter next year!
As LoJo would say, Sheesh!
Gee, you think?
It's still noteworthy when the last number 1 predicts the next number 1.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #12

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Gee, you think?
It's still noteworthy when the last number 1 predicts the next number 1.
Like someone said in another thread..."If someone buy my house for a big profit I'll predict she'd be No. 1, too!"

Just because she was number 1 doesn't mean she's a prophet. She doesn't think, nor swing, nor putt for Yani Tseng.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #13

It's not prophecy, it's expert speculation. NO ONE predicted Lorena, so who knows what will happen. I think it is exciting to see players rise up out of the pack and do extraordinary things. It builds interest and anticipation and buzz, which is the kind of stuff the LPGA needs right now.

They also need a great tournament this week. I write about (in length) on my blog. I hate to self-promote here, but I'm really deeply involved in the LPGA's plight. Hopefully, you know where to find my blog. If not, I'll be happy to post here too.

Golferblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #14
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Like someone said in another thread..."If someone buy my house for a big profit I'll predict she'd be No. 1, too!"

Just because she was number 1 doesn't mean she's a prophet. She doesn't think, nor swing, nor putt for Yani Tseng.
No, she's not a prophet It doesn't mean it will happen. Doesn't mean it won't happen either.

The prediction probably had less to do with her buying the house and more to do with the obvious fact that she's number 2 in the world in her second year on Tour.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #15

Originally Posted by Golferblogger View Post
It's not prophecy, it's expert speculation. NO ONE predicted Lorena, so who knows what will happen. I think it is exciting to see players rise up out of the pack and do extraordinary things. It builds interest and anticipation and buzz, which is the kind of stuff the LPGA needs right now.

They also need a great tournament this week. I write about (in length) on my blog. I hate to self-promote here, but I'm really deeply involved in the LPGA's plight. Hopefully, you know where to find my blog. If not, I'll be happy to post here too.

Post away - we are of many minds here, some see the LPGA as in plight, some just see it as normal world adjusting, others as positive changes, and others... well we are not sure yet what they mean.

All views are welcome and considered, (within the excepted guidelines of decency), by this golf watcher anyways.

And I am a fan of the LPGA, (and that does include the players, the caddies, the fans, the media, the corps, the water, the sand, the bridges, the trolls, the trees, the birds & bogs & bees, and the grass from hole to tee for the likes of you and me). :-)
Old 06-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Golferblogger View Post
It's not prophecy, it's expert speculation. NO ONE predicted Lorena, so who knows what will happen.

Actually I picked Lorena to become number 1 after Annika and I have also said that Yani is on her way to becoming the next number one. You know why? Because of talent. You know greatness when you see it.
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote