Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Forum Moderator

Yani issues

Yani has been posting some interesting personal posts on Twitter tonight. I'm not going to repeat it here but people who are so inclined can follow her (@YaniTseng). Last year she had was keeping up a blog on her website, she addressed the same topic quite passionately. This sounds like a young woman with a lot of difficult family pressure.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #2

A lot of these young,female athletes need to break away from Daddy-dearest...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
No kidding. This is the first time I've seen a player spill the dirty laundry on it. Kind of sad.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #4

Sounds not too good. And why put this on twitter?

--CK

PS: Anyway, I am a little disappointed that Yani would use twitter at all. I thought this more something for CK et al.

karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #5

Hummm.... I think I recall something about her awhile back.... were she was having a fight or something with someone over her golf issues.... I can't remember if it was with the government of Taiwan, or her parents, or a company she is signed with. But I do remember she was upset with the situation or circumstance, and gave some kind of ultimatum about it. Thats the best I can remember... maybe this new stuff is just a continuation of older problems.

I am not sure about all I just said above here.... maybe someone else here may know more.

I like Yani... I think she could be one of the greats to be of golf.... and I do not care if she is a hot head or not. Her golf talks to me of the talent she has.... I just hope she can solve her problems successfully in her view. :-)
Old 06-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by greentee View Post
Hummm.... I think I recall something about her awhile back.... were she was having a fight or something with someone over her golf issues.... I can't remember if it was with the government of Taiwan, or her parents, or a company she is signed with. But I do remember she was upset with the situation or circumstance, and gave some kind of ultimatum about it. Thats the best I can remember... maybe this new stuff is just a continuation of older problems.

I am not sure about all I just said above here.... maybe someone else here may know more.

I like Yani... I think she could be one of the greats to be of golf.... and I do not care if she is a hot head or not. Her golf talks to me of the talent she has.... I just hope she can solve her problems successfully in her view. :-)
The issues seem separate but they may be related.

She has been public about getting too much pressure and criticism from her father. Certainly not the first golfer to experience this. The first to really go public about it.

In March there were reports that she was considering changing citizenship because Taiwan didn't provide enough support for golf by approving an LPGA event there that the LPGA had already approved. Here father was quoted in the article in Taiwan media: News - Golf: Top golfer mulls quitting Taiwan

Based on reports this week that she was invited to a dinner in Washington DC at the Taiwan embassy, things may be have been patched up.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #7
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
Or maybe it's the fathers that need to back off. The kid is over 18, has her own money, they should go back to their own lives just a bit.

Case in point:
Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #8

Thanks for the article Blue. Do you know if Taiwan ever did concede to her wishes, or did they just bureaucratically shelve it. If they (Taiwan) are not wise, all their top athletes will truck right on over to China, or other countries that give them a fair shake.

And yes it well be a new day, when we finally see only Michelle and her caddie in all her shots. At 19, she should make it so. :-)

Last edited by greentee; 06-13-2009 at 12:44 PM.
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Or maybe it's the fathers that need to back off. The kid is over 18, has her own money, they should go back to their own lives just a bit.

Case in point:
Here we go again! On Yani's thread. Instead of concentrating and building her up, Yani...someone who is complaining against Wie's "Too Much Coverage" is the one who breaks the "cardinal rule" of posting Wie. Sheesh!
Practice what you preach. Let her rest in peace!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Here we go again! On Yani's thread. Instead of concentrating and building her up, Yani...someone who is complaining against Wie's "Too Much Coverage" is the one who breaks the "cardinal rule" of posting Wie. Sheesh!
Practice what you preach. Let her rest in peace!
I have never once complained that there is too much discussion of Michelle Wie on this discussion board. She is a member of the LPGA and can be discussed like anyone else.

The discussion we are having in the other thread is about mainstream media coverage that covers Wie out of proportion to her results and to the exclusion of other deserving players not about discussion on this site.

Certainly in a discussion of overbearing golf fathers, which this is, a mention of BJ Wie, among other fathers, seems appropriate.

You may not agree with what is being said about Michelle Wie, but I would hope you would think of a better way to counter the argument than just trying to stifle it. You're smarter than that.