Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #21

Wiefan, we've had eye witnesses (remember Herm?) who've seen it and posted on this and the old site, but you didn't believe him. In fact, you argued about it with him. If you won't believe someone who saw it, you won't believe anything. Then again, I'm not surprised. If it doesn't fit into whatever little ideal world you've created in your head, you don't accept it.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #22

Hi ya Blue, PUTTER and Marinepaul....ok...look at this picture

I did not say "She has been public about getting too much pressure and criticism from her father" and then follow that post with a "CASE IN POINT" Pix of Wiesy and her family

Yani went Public...Seri went public....Kimmie went public....Christina went public.....WIESY DID NOTtalking about Pressure from her father:....Yani said this....Seri Said this....Kimmie said this.....WIESY DID NOT....wiesy talks about her high expectations of herself and thus puts PRESSURE on HERSELF.....NOTHING about Parental Pressure put on her from BJ/Bo like in the case of Yani, Seri and Kimmie

talking about Criticism from her father....Yani talks about this, Seri talks about this, Kimmie talks about this, Christina talked about this....but what about Wiesy....WIESY NEVER EVER TALKED ABOUT THIS...instead she does the opposite...she PRAISES her family

putter, blue and marinepaul...I did NOT say this quote "She has been public about getting too much pressure and criticism from her father" and then posting a pix of Wiesy and her family and saying "CASE IN POINT"

Seri, Yani, Kimmie, Christina have all made public to prove the "CASE in POINT" theory.....Wiesy has never bad mouthed her parents to prove this Case in Point theory....

all of you now say we are talking about overbearing parents...it is your opinion....all of you do NOT have the player herself say anything to comfirm your OPINIONS like you have with Yani, Seri, Kimmie, and Christina

yet despite all of this, your opinion not based with evidence of the player saying it is true, a PICTURE of Wiesy and her family is depicted in a "CASE IN POINT" example

I am not blind to know that this Pix by blue was intended as a SMEAR against Wiesy and her family....all three of you say it is an issue of an example of "Overburdening Parents"....who suffers when a Parent is "overburdening"??....the player herself suffers and then lets it be KNOWN PUBLICALLY...thus this is DIRECT Proof....all three of you say Wiesy's parents are "Overburdening"....who knows more of this???.... all three of you Discussion board posters posting your OPINIONS ONLY....or would you say that Wiesy herself would know way more than all three of you put together

the other players mentioned do have Overburdening Parents, Because the players themselves acknowledges this.....you call Wiesy's parents overburdening....but Wiesy herself DOES NOT...she only talks in high praise of her parents...thus NO EVIDENCE of her parents being "Overburdensome" by the ONLY PERSON qualified to answer this question...and this person is Wiesy

all three of you are giving your opinion that you know more than the kid herself...when in actuality....the kid has spoken....it is just that all of you are so intent of smearing the Wies that you are blind to what is the actually FACTUALLY KNOWN....Wiesy is the ONLY one that is qualified to give this answer...any other articles and or opinions of others are irrelevant and ONLY OPINIONS....

or perhaps all of you think your opinion is MORE valid than what Wiesy talks about when concerning her parents

all three of you are pretty much in agreement in Yani and Seri's parental issues...I agree with you....since both Yani and Seri have stated this....but for the use of "CASE IN POINT" Pix of Wiesy's family...all three of you are DEAD WRONG....because all you have is your opinion and opinions from others that are just stating THEIR opinions.....only Wiesy can answer this question. and she has Praised her parents....

so again please tell me....is the Case in Point Pix and comment correct and in good taste....or was it a Slander and smear from someone that is "NOT INTRIGUED" by Wiesy at all

by the way....I will again ask....how did Wiesy get into this Yani thread....I didn't do this

anyway...the kid didn't do so well today scoring wise....but she is striking the ball prerty darn good....11 of 14 Fairways hit today...way above her average....13 of 18 GIRs...right about her average...anyway, though not the way I would have liked to see this, the kid is playing decent golf...not enough to win....but decent good golf anyway....

see ya...have a good weekend
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #23

Imagine that. Not good enough to win? Damn, looks like she's not quite Hall of Fame material yet, huh?

Wiefan, maybe Michelle hasn't said anything yet, but don't be surprised if she does eventually. She's still under BJ's thumb at this point. If she's as smart as you think she is, that will eventually end. If and when that happens, and she still hasn't won squat, maybe she'll be free to talk about how she was constantly browbeaten by "Daddy Dearest."

Last edited by MarinePaul; 06-13-2009 at 04:21 PM.
MarinePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #24

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Imagine that. Not good enough to win? Damn, looks like she's not quite Hall of Fame material yet, huh?

Wiefan, maybe Michelle hasn't said anything yet, but don't be surprised if she does eventually. She's still under BJ's thumb at this point. If she's as smart as you think she is, that will eventually end. If and when that happens, and she still hasn't won squat, maybe she'll be free to talk about how she was constantly browbeaten by "Daddy Dearest."
Hi ya Marinepaul...if and when that ever happens...I will fly to Ohio and apologize to you directly

in the meantime...scout out Ohio....I wanna know if there are any good Texas Holdem Games in the area

have a good day....see ya....the worse part about Wiesy falling backwards on the leaderboard is that I now have to wake up EXTRA early for her round...have a good day

hmmm sad to see that Suzanne has withdrawn....I hope her illness gets better

anyway....have a good day in Warren....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #25

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya Marinepaul...if and when that ever happens...I will fly to Ohio and apologize to you directly

in the meantime...scout out Ohio....I wanna know if there are any good Texas Holdem Games in the area

have a good day....see ya....the worse part about Wiesy falling backwards on the leaderboard is that I now have to wake up EXTRA early for her round...have a good day

hmmm sad to see that Suzanne has withdrawn....I hope her illness gets better

anyway....have a good day in Warren....see ya!!

The Nautica in Cleveland has weekly Hold- Em tournaments. I'll pay your entry fee when you come.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #26

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I have never once complained that there is too much discussion of Michelle Wie on this discussion board. She is a member of the LPGA and can be discussed like anyone else.
All I can say is...If you were pinocchio your nose will be about a mile long!

I told you so...once someone insert Michelle Wie's name on this thread, the discussion will turn to Wiesy intead of Yani.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 06-13-2009 at 05:52 PM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #27

Was the photo of Wie taken during a tournament? If so, why does father feel the need to walk so close to daughter? Couldn't you more reasonably expect her to be be with her caddy or other players or officials and doesn't she have security with her? If it's during a tournament can one suspect her getting outside advice???

All of that is beside the point, I'm sure if Blue could've found a photo of Xtina Kim's father shouting at her she'd have done so. The point, WF, is these fathers may have been very useful to their kid's career in the early stages, but once they have reached this level most neither have the game expertise or management expertise to guide them further. Seems they also like the limelight so much they are reluctant to give it up.

Sounds to me as if Tseng has made done the right thing and has moved out of home and is working things out for herself. I'm sure her parents will appreciate her more if she comes to them for advice rather than them planning her every movement.

I keep going back to tennis, but same thing there. Thank goodness someone has now thrown Damir Dokic in jail, pity it was after totally stuffing up his daughter's career.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #28

And you know what Sleeping Beauty said to Pinocchio: Tell a lie...tell a lie...tell a lie!

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #29

WF, I think if you asked all of them they'd say they were proud of their parents or fathers and what they've done for them. Do you honestly think they'd stand in front of a mike and say "Can't stand him, ruined my life' or words to that effect?
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #30

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya Blue, PUTTER and Marinepaul....ok...look at this picture

I did not say "She has been public about getting too much pressure and criticism from her father" and then follow that post with a "CASE IN POINT" Pix of Wiesy and her family
Wiefan, I don't know what kind of drugs you're on today, but I'm going to try this one more time. Go back and read Post #7 by Blue. Nowhere in that post did she say that BJ was criticizing Michelle. She merely said that fathers should back off and get on with their own lives - THEN, she posted the pic of Michelle and BJ - and it's a perfect example of fathers who should back off - it is NOT an example of a father criticizing his daughter.

As for your dreamy ideals that BJ & Bo don't criticize Michelle because she hasn't told you, or us, that - well, I guess you can choose to believe me or not. It was during practice at the '07 CN Canadian Women's Open, and Bo was being positively brutal with Michelle. I'll be volunteering again this year, so I will make sure to sneak in a recording device so that I'll have proof! SHEESH!