Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
You're smarter than that.
No, DB isn't smarter than that, have you read his so-called jokes?
Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #12

Hi ya Blue...since you obviously want this Yani thread to include Wiesy....lemme put in my 2 cents

you said this about Yani..."She has been public about getting too much pressure and criticism from her father"

so I have to ask....do you know for a fact that BJ has criticized Wiesy....read her interviews....Wiesy always talks about how much she Loves her family support....Yani talks about her father "CRITICIZING" her....show me your "indepth" evidence....DO YOU HAVE ANY....Yani said it publically thus you can say this happened....what about Wiesy....please inform me about BJ and BO criticizing Wiesy and that she doesn't like it...I wanna see your proof

perhaps you posted this pix of Wiesy because you are "INTRIGUED"....you said your weren't....if so...why this pix of Wiesy and family when talking about "Criticizing by parents"....do you see BJ and BO Criticizing her in this pix....please let me know what you find out about Bo anbd BJ Criticizing their daughter like Yani described with her parent.....and by the way....this is what the Thread title was initially about that you scolded Dangerbob about...."Intrigue"

Blue...I will await your answer....now this I gotta see....where is the Wiesy article that say's her parents criticized her....don't bother reading any of Wiesy's first hands interviews...in everyone of them....Wiesy PRAISES her parents for what they have done for her.....you call this "criticism by parents"....I don't....but then again...perhaps you know what you are talking about....all I ask is for proof....otherwise....I will just take your pix as a way of showing that you do like to CRITICIZE wiesy golf by sarcastic "unproven" means....am I wrong here blue...if so...show me the proof of BJ and BO criticizing their daughter....and/or a interview of Wiesy complaining of this ABUSE

have a good day folks....to Yanifans...sorry for this Wiesy intrusion...but I just wante dto set the record straight....Yani and Wiesy's Parental Criticism life are like night and day....unless of course "Intrigued Blue" comes up with the proof...other than that Yani fans, I personally thought that this pix was "UNCALLED for"....perhaps a pix of Seri and her father would have been more appropriate...especially since Seri DID talk about her Father in the same manner as YANI.....but it seems like "Intrigued Blue" was TOO INTRIGUED with Team Wie and she overlooked her criticism notes on BJ and BO by Wiesy and thought this was MORE appropriate than in Seri's case

anyway....have a good day folks....since I am already ruining a YANI thread with my talk about Wiesy....Wiesy just ACED the par three 7th hole....thus making back for her double bogey on #2....how you figga...anyway...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya Blue...since you obviously want this Yani thread to include Wiesy....lemme put in my 2 cents

you said this about Yani..."She has been public about getting too much pressure and criticism from her father"

so I have to ask....do you know for a fact that BJ has criticized Wiesy....read her interviews....Wiesy always talks about how much she Loves her family support....Yani talks about her father "CRITICIZING" her....show me your "indepth" evidence....DO YOU HAVE ANY....Yani said it publically thus you can say this happened....what about Wiesy....please inform me about BJ and BO criticizing Wiesy and that she doesn't like it...I wanna see your proof

perhaps you posted this pix of Wiesy because you are "INTRIGUED"....you said your weren't....if so...why this pix of Wiesy and family when talking about "Criticizing by parents"....do you see BJ and BO Criticizing her in this pix....please let me know what you find out about Bo anbd BJ Criticizing their daughter like Yani described with her parent.....and by the way....this is what the Thread title was initially about that you scolded Dangerbob about...."Intrigue"

Blue...I will await your answer....now this I gotta see....where is the Wiesy article that say's her parents criticized her....don't bother reading any of Wiesy's first hands interviews...in everyone of them....Wiesy PRAISES her parents for what they have done for her.....you call this "criticism by parents"....I don't....but then again...perhaps you know what you are talking about....all I ask is for proof....otherwise....I will just take your pix as a way of showing that you do like to CRITICIZE wiesy golf by sarcastic "unproven" means....am I wrong here blue...if so...show me the proof of BJ and BO criticizing their daughter....and/or a interview of Wiesy complaining of this ABUSE

have a good day folks....to Yanifans...sorry for this Wiesy intrusion...but I just wante dto set the record straight....Yani and Wiesy's Parental Criticism life are like night and day....unless of course "Intrigued Blue" comes up with the proof...other than that Yani fans, I personally thought that this pix was "UNCALLED for"....perhaps a pix of Seri and her father would have been more appropriate...especially since Seri DID talk about her Father in the same manner as YANI.....but it seems like "Intrigued Blue" was TOO INTRIGUED with Team Wie and she overlooked her criticism notes on BJ and BO by Wiesy and thought this was MORE appropriate than in Seri's case

anyway....have a good day folks....since I am already ruining a YANI thread with my talk about Wiesy....Wiesy just ACED the par three 7th hole....thus making back for her double bogey on #2....how you figga...anyway...see ya!!
The only thing I said about BJ Wie is that he is one of many fathers that should back off just a bit and go back to his own life just a little. The same can be said for many other fathers of LPGA players. I didn't say BJ ever criticized Michelle. Yani has said that her father criticizes her. It's a different symptom of the same problem of stage parentitis. If I had seen a picture of Yani's father with her or Se Ri Pak's father, etc. I'd have posted it. Maybe you can find one and we can replace this so you won't be so upset.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #14

Wiefan, BJ is the poster child for overbearing parents. It seems to be fairly common, with Se Ri and Yani being included in the discussion. I'm sure there are others, as well.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #15

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
No, DB isn't smarter than that, have you read his so-called jokes?
Good one.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #16

Hi ya Blue...I am NOT upset....just a little dissappointed that you tried to tie in BJ and BO with your pix....remember that Yani talked about her Father Criticizing her and thus she is upset....this is what this thread is about...a parent criticizing their child....like I said...where is there anything about BJ doing this to Wiesy...and or wiesy claiming that this has happened....read the articles about Wiesy, she Praises her family for their support...completely different from Yani's situation...yet you put a pix of Wiesy and her family as a case in point....Yani and Seri's problems with their parents are closer to the point....both of them have stated so....Wiesy hasn't stated any such thing or even anything close to this problem....thus your pix was very "Misleading" when talking about Yani and Seri's problem....or perhaps you don't think so....and if you don't....show my your proof of Criticism

how can I be upset....Wiesy had an ACE on #7.....but now I am upset...she just bogeyed the #14 to get back to Even for the day....but even at that bogey....I am not upset....and here is the reason why...Wiesy has hit so far...9 of 11 fairways...super job considering she is not the most accurate driver...also another reason for not being upset is that Wiesy made the cut for this tournament....last reason for not being upset.....Wiesy is making me and the WHOLE STATE of HAWAII PROUD of the way she handles herself....when have you ever seen Wiesy "bad mouth" anyone or "CRITICIZE" anyone....NEVER and this includes talking about her parents

have a good day....go Wiesy go!!!...tsk tsk about your use of the pix....doesn't fit the Yani and Seri Criticizing Parental Problem...or am I mistaken...see ya!!

by the way...what folder am I in...HOW IN THE WORLD DID A WIESY CONVERSATION get started here....hmmmm...see ya!!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
Forum Moderator

The post I was responding to was this:

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
A lot of these young,female athletes need to break away from Daddy-dearest...
It said nothing about criticism. I'm sorry you weren't following the thread carefully. Michelle Wie is one of many of these young, female (and some male -- remember Sean O'Hair?) athletes who need to break away from their over-bearing parents. Over-bearing takes many forms. That's my opinion. Feel free to disagree, as you have. That's what a discussion board is for. Do not, however, put words in my mouth that I said Mr. Wie was guilty of criticizing Michelle.

Last edited by Blue; 06-13-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #18

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Wiefan, BJ is the poster child for overbearing parents. It seems to be fairly common, with Se Ri and Yani being included in the discussion. I'm sure there are others, as well.
Hi ya Marinepaul....here is the point...Both Yani and Seri have talked about their fathers criticizing them and thus both were very upset in this....this this thread about Yani....when has Wiesy EVER criticized her father and/or mother to make this become a same same problem for Wiesy as it is with Yani and Seri.....Wiesy talks HIGHLY of her parents...NOT ONE NEGATIVE WORD....and Blue has NOT supplied us with the info that BJ has criticized Wiesy

can you and/or Blue see the difference in the way Yani and Seri speaks of the criticism of their parent that caused them to be upset COMPARED to the way Wiesy speaks HIGHLY of her parents....is there a DIFFERENCE here that I am seeing and the both of you are NOT.....Seri and Yani are upset at how their parents criticized them....WIESY is NOT upset....can you see this difference or am I the only one to see this difference

anyway...have a good day....folks...now I am upset...Wiesy has just bogeyed the 15th....boy oh boy...what a roller coaster round for Wiesy today.....but overall....I am NOT UPSET...see ya
Old 06-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #19

Wiefan - calm down! Blue did NOT say that BJ or Bo have ever criticized Michelle - I think Blue has tried to explain this to you in a number of replies - she and others are merely talking about overbearing parents.

You keep saying that this topic is about parents criticizing their kids, no it's not, it's about Yani and her issues.

By the way, I've seen Bo criticize Michelle, but since I didn't have a tape recorder with me, and Michelle didn't mention it in an interview, I can't post any "proof" for you.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #20
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
and Blue has NOT supplied us with the info that BJ has criticized Wiesy
That's correct. If you read my other responses to you you will know why. No claims were made, therefore no evidence was needed. I do not believe the BJ Wie criticizes Michelle Wie. I do believe there needs to be more separation. You may disagree.

I've said this three times.

OK? Move on.