Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #101

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Yeah...like those kids who are running around the grocery stores breaking things. The parents can not spank them because someone will call the police. How sad!
I told my younger son that I was going to beat his ass when he was about 5. He told me if I did he'd call the cops and have me put in jail. I told him that when I got out of jail, I'd beat his ass again. That never came up in conversation again.

Your example is accurate, unfortunately. You see little kids running all over the place in stores, and the parents don't say anything. Personally, I think the parents need their asses kicked.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #102

Mmm, I once told some kids who were running around a store uncontrolled to go play on the freeway, and they went bawling to Mom. However, they didn't continue running around.

That's the thing isn't it, little parental control when young and you just can't impose it when they're running riot later on.

Interesting how we need qualifications or experience for most everything else, but parenthood? You're pretty much on your own.

Last edited by heddwyn; 06-15-2009 at 07:30 PM.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #103

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Mmm, I once told some kids who were running around a store uncontrolled to go play on the freeway, and they went bawling to Mom. However, they didn't continue running around.

That's the thing isn't it, little parental control when young and you just can't impose it when they're running riot later on.

Interesting how we need qualifications or experience for most everything else, but parenthood? You're pretty much on your own.
Everything except kids comes with an instruction manual. Sadly, you see a lot of parents now who are barely smarter than the kids they're supposed to be raising.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #104

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Sadly, you see a lot of parents now who are barely smarter than the kids they're supposed to be raising.
Actually, when it comes to running a computer or video games, kids now-a-days are a lot smarter than their parents.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #105
XGolfingmoma

I just found this website.....sorry but Yani loves her family dearly...I will tell her to watch what she is blogging or twittering. Her dad is not like the typical parent who follows....he leaves if she is playing bad,& doesn't show emotion. Yani is so sincere from the heart, I am sure she doesn't want to upset anyone that is close to her. Her dad is NOT on the practice range or anywhere around. Yani ,played all these amateur events without her parents in the states...there was no parental pressure. Now that she is a pro, her dad comes over to follow some events...not all.Yani has been on her own and has shown maturity well beyond the othe young ladies. Lets give this a rest until after the Open...I will see her there.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #106

Hi ya xgolfingmoma.....Terriffic Post....thanks for sharing your thoughts and insight

you have a good day and I hope Yani has a Great week and Tournament....again....thanks for sharing....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote