Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Blue,

I think it's time for us to have another bet.

I'll bet you that Yani does NOT play in any PGA TOUR event in 2012.

Are you game?
No bet. I agree with you, but, unlike you, I think she has a right to try her hand at a PGA Tour event if the opportunity presents itself. I don't think the opportunity will present itself in 2012. The PGA Tour doesn't need the publicity. They have nothing to gain.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #22

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
No bet. I agree with you, but, unlike you, I think she has a right to try her hand at a PGA Tour event if the opportunity presents itself. I don't think the opportunity will present itself in 2012. The PGA Tour doesn't need the publicity. They have nothing to gain.
OK, to turn Lojo's topic title around we can say this, Men are NOT interested in Yani, on the PGA TOUR that is.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #23

I know this topic is about Yani but when a 16 year old girl beats her by 14 shots in a 4 round event, IMO, Yani is nowhere near ready to take on the guys of the PGA TOUR.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #24

And if she should finish ahead of some of your masculine heroes, they shouldn't be playing against other men either?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #25

I know this topic is about Yani but when a 16 year old girl beats her by 14 shots in a 4 round event, IMO, Yani is nowhere near ready to take on the guys of the PGA TOUR.
I totally disagree. You're saying she MUST win every single tourney or she's not allowed to have a bad day?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #26

Originally Posted by Shampi View Post
I totally disagree. You're saying she MUST win every single tourney or she's not allowed to have a bad day?
I didn't say she had to win every event but she got thumped by 14 shots by a 16 year old kid. 14 shots! Not 1, not 2, not 5, not 10 but 14!

Ps: Yani will compete against the 16 year old kid again this month at the Titleholders. It will be interesting to see how the 16 year old kid plays at Grand Cypress, a course she claims fits her game. I don't expect the 16 year old kid to beat Yani this time, but then, you never know, it could happen.

Last edited by gxer; 11-01-2011 at 11:17 AM.
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #27

I didn't say she had to win every event but she got thumped by 14 shots by a 16 year old kid. 14 shots! Not 1, not 2, not 5, not 10 but 14!
I think it's fair to say that it wasn't a regular 16 year old, lets name things by their name...
Old 11-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #28

Originally Posted by Blue View Post

It's not up to the PGA. The tournaments make the invitations available, not the PGA. The John Deere invited MW, not Tim Finchem. The Colonial invited Annika...
As for me, I'd like to see just what Yani's game is like compared to the men.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #29

Originally Posted by Shampi View Post
I think it's fair to say that it wasn't a regular 16 year old, lets name things by their name...
Yani is the #1 ranked player by a wide margin so how is it possible for any wet behind the ears 16 year old kid to beat her by 14 shots in a full field 4 round LPGA tour event?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #30

Yani is the #1 ranked player by a wide margin so how is it possible for any wet behind the ears 16 year old kid to beat her by 14 shots in a full field 4 round LPGA tour event?
Lexi is not the regular 16 year-old who plays golf in high school and is seeking for a college scholarship. It wasn't the first time she played a LPGA event nor the first she contended for.

I think, with Lexi, age is just a number.