Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #11

The Official round 3 pairings have just been posted by the LPGA...........and it is just like I posted above.........now for MY editorial comment..........Yani did not get off easy because she dodged Lorena in her pairing.........she HAS someone who is just as determined as Lorena to contend with........of course I am talking about Suzann........who is NOT what you would called laid back..........it looks like a very interesting 3rd round..........and don't be surprised if Lorena's name is on TOP of the leaderboard when the tournament ends much earlier than today.........tomorrow CBS till televise it LIVE (YEA)...........starting at 1:30 pm ET...........just an hour and a half..........but it will be live.........Sundays final round will wrap up at about 3 pm ET.........pretty early, don't you think?..........BTW, defending champion Brittany Lincicome did not defend very well............she tied for 119th place at +6..............

Last edited by Boola Boss; 04-18-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Boola Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #12

I like Yani, she's great. And I predict she'll be ROY 2008. Mark my words
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #13

Smile

Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
I like Yani, she's great. And I predict she'll be ROY 2008. Mark my words
The following posters already have chosen Yani as rookie of the year in a poll prior to the event this week. So, there is no need to "mark" your words, we had already voted. The funny thing is you didn't vote for Yani.
ajraymond, Balabill, Carol, gxer, LoJo, neophyte, notaxbill

http://www.mylpga.com/boards/showthread.php?t=3485

Last edited by gxer; 04-20-2008 at 03:42 PM.
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #14

In the poll I voted for Carolina Llano, because she's Colombian. All the Mexicans where voting for Violeta Retamoza to support a fellow countrywoman. I felt the need to support another Latin American.
In other post, the one I said Lorena would win Safeway AND Kraft Nabisco I also said Yani would be ROY. Other times I've shown respect for teenaged Yani. So, if you mark my words or not, makes no difference to me. I'm just making a point that it's not like I'm jumping in the bandwagon at the last minute.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #15

Smile

Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
In the poll I voted for Carolina Llano, because she's Colombian. All the Mexicans where voting for Violeta Retamoza to support a fellow countrywoman. I felt the need to support another Latin American.
In other post, the one I said Lorena would win Safeway AND Kraft Nabisco I also said Yani would be ROY. Other times I've shown respect for teenaged Yani. So, if you mark my words or not, makes no difference to me. I'm just making a point that it's not like I'm jumping in the bandwagon at the last minute.
I suppose using your logic, a person could manage to vote for every rookie on the LPGA tour and then at the end of the season say, see I told you that Ms X would be rookie of the year.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #16
XGolfingmoma

Originally Posted by mothra87 View Post
I followed Yani when she won the North-South Am. a couple of years ago vs. Morgan Pressel at Pinehurst #2 shortly after MP's US Am. win. The match went to 39 holes. She has real game and is quite long. I could see she was going to be a serious contender on the LPGA. I have some good photos from that match that I will try to post soon. The most memorable shot she had that day was a tough up and down from near the porch behind 18 to extend the match. I was pulling for MP but had to respect Yani's play. At the time, she seemed to speak no English and her Mom said a few words at the ceremony. I think she speaks some English now. My bet is for Yani for Rookie of the Year.
It was not Yani's Mom there at Pinehurst .It was Ayako ,Yani's guardian and interpretor.I would love to see the photos that you took. There was Ayako,myself, and my daughter along with the folks who own the Japanese resturant there in the village of Pinehurst rooting for Yani....along with 300 folks rooting for Morgan.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #17

I will try to find those and post a few. May take a few days.
I always root for good golf shots.
That was a great day and a great match.
MPFan and LPGAFan132 played on Course No. 5 today.

Last edited by mothra87; 06-21-2009 at 12:53 AM.
mothra87 is offline   Reply With Quote