Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #1

Yani Goes To 11!

from my blog: Yani Tseng Wins 11th Title Of The Year At 2011 Suzhou Taihu Ladies Open Fairways and Forehands

The wins just keep on coming for Yani Tseng. It doesn’t matter if it’s in the United States, Taiwan, Australia or China, there is only one #1. The amazing year continues for Yani with her 11th win, at the 2011 Suzhou Taihu Ladies Open in China. Not only did she win, but she did so in emphatic fashion, with her 16-under par score besting 2nd place Pernilla Lindberg by 7 shots. Melissa Reid and defending champion Lee-Anne Pace finished tied for third. The win marked Yani’s 4th Ladies European Tour victory of the year. That puts her past Caroline Hedwall’s 3 victories and gives her a chance to finish with the most victories on both the LPGA and LET in 2011.

p.s.- "goes to 11" is a Spinal Tap reference

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
NTB

BKB Yani unlike Annika seems to be getting a little chunky. That could affect her game.
Does she work out?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #3

NTB - I believe Yani does work out (not sure how often). She uses the same personal trainer as Song Hee Kim & Na Yeon Choi (Andrea Doddato). I did see her hug Ms. Doddato when she won the Sunrise Taiwan tournament...so I imagine she still trains Yani.

Yani's diet does leave A LOT of room for improvement however (IHOP...the breakfast of a champion?). Hopefully, her weight gain is due mostly to her non-stop travelling and playing. Let's see Yani in a few weeks....hopefully by then, she'll be in a bit better shape.
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #4

I can't imagine the LET is going to be pleased that LPGA players playing part-time on their tour is having incredible success against their full-time players.

As Bobby pointed out, Yani has more victories on the LET than full-time LET player (part-time LPGA member) Caroline Hedwall! Ai Miyazato leads their money list while playing in only 2 events (2nd place Melissa Reid hasn't caught up despite playing in 18 events)!
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Contest Statistician

Why not just make the top number 10!
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #6

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
Why not just make the top number 10!
Mine goes to 11!

As does Yani!

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #7

Originally Posted by prime007 View Post
As Bobby pointed out, Yani has more victories on the LET than full-time LET player (part-time LPGA member) Caroline Hedwall! Ai Miyazato leads their money list while playing in only 2 events (2nd place Melissa Reid hasn't caught up despite playing in 18 events)!
I wonder why I didn't see Yanis name on LET money list? she has made more money than both Ai & Reid on LET this year, & she likely to win the money titles from both LPGA & LET.

Yani Tseng €496,666,08
Ai Miyazato €363,079.68
Melissa Reid €280,577.77
Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #8

Probably because she is not a member of LET.....

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #9

I wonder if Yani can play in all the tours and make on the top money list for each one?
coolfish1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #10

Not possible due to conflicting dates.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote