Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Apparently, most posters did not take seriously the
2012 TIME 100: The Most Influential People in the World. Laughable, absurd, commercial, ridiculous were many of the words used by posters to describe the list.
So to replace the sour taste of such a meaningless list, the Elf has prepared the
“MOTHER OF ALL LISTS”.

2012 MYLPGA 20: The most influential People in the DB. :
By strict alphabetical order and with a heavy influence on seniority.
ASITLIES3. A PATRIOITIC poster that never forgets his USA duties. Never posts a dubious post.
BANGKOKBOBBY. His post are NUMERO UNO. They include posts, not only about Ladies Golf, but many female sports. His style is super professional.
BLUE. The Antagonist. An internet expert dedicated to exhibit other posters wrongs. Self imposed leader of the Wie bashers. A dedicated posters, but not necessarily popular.
BUZZER. The Rock. A heavyweight on the DB. Just, fair, amicable, and when fitting, witty.
COUGAR. I have no words to describe his contributions to MYLPGA and the LPGA. Numero UNO in my list.
CTMURRAY. The POSITIVE poster. Unbiased, intelligent post. No BS from this poster.
DANGERBOB. As his avatar evince, The JOKER. His comments are normally very well taken unless racial. His failed attempts to enamor SHAMPI are historical.
HEDDWYN. A LOYAL and respectful member since 2005. The European point of view of the LPGA is well represented.
LOJO. The EXPERT. Many other positive attributes, but her knowledge of Golf tops all.
MARINEPAUL. Record holder for postings. Moderator. The friend we all love to have.
MOTHRA 87, BIGBURT, MPFAN, LPGAFAN132. Like a great beautiful healthy USA family. Participate and often win member contests. Limited but worthwhile posts outside of the contest.
RUSTY. The Boss. Well respected by all.
SAINT-JUST X. Our LGBTIH representative and pseudo expert in fashion. Could learn to moderate the use of expletives as the DB includes teenagers and honorable posters.
SHAMPI. A lovable professional media woman. Needs to post more often to stay in the list.
WIEFAN. Undisputable leader of the huge WIE Nation.
XMAN5. The ORGANIZATION man and a genius. His posts always are on target.
Oops. Missing four for the top twenty. Any suggestions?
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #22

Haha....I thought Elf's list was pretty much spot on.

Nya nya nya nya. HA!
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #23

Elf....you need to include Mr3Putt. He's a peach.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #24

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
Elf....you need to include Mr3Putt. He's a peach.
LJ
I prefer nectarines...but thx for thinking of me.

I have no issues with Elf forgetting me.....I don't need any loving from a guy.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
LJ
I prefer nectarines...but thx for thinking of me.

I have no issues with Elf forgetting me.....I don't need any loving from a guy.
To be in the list, you need at least one year on the DB. Missed by weeks. I all ready had yoir description, but I guess I will use LoJos when you meet time requirements. LOL
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #26

Elf
No worries

To all
Was the original LPGA discussion board part of lpga.com site?????....I was a member about 10 years ago...then it became defunct.

I looked at mylpga.com but never joined.....because I was a member of the GC's DB...I liked it because of its format, various threads and many members...but the trolls destroyed it...some goof found a way to jammed the board with stupid auto replies every 5 seconds to each post.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #27

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
Elf
No worries

To all
Was the original LPGA discussion board part of lpga.com site?????....I was a member about 10 years ago...then it became defunct.

I looked at mylpga.com but never joined.....because I was a member of the GC's DB...I liked it because of its format, various threads and many members...but the trolls destroyed it...some goof found a way to jammed the board with stupid auto replies every 5 seconds to each post.
Yes, the old board was on the LPGA site itself. A lot of us have known each other since that site was active. There were also a lot of players and caddies who participated on that site. The problem there was that a lot of posters only came to the site to insult players on their own threads.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #28

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Oops. Missing four for the top twenty. Any suggestions?
What about GXER.

SAG doesn't post a lot, but usually has something informative and/or interesting to say.

Oh yeah, and what about UpDEV?
TheBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #29

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Yes, the old board was on the LPGA site itself. A lot of us have known each other since that site was active. There were also a lot of players and caddies who participated on that site. The problem there was that a lot of posters only came to the site to insult players on their own threads.
Why do you say that was "The problem"? The truth is that very few posters insulted players on their own threads. If you meant to say their own folders, again it was very few and Sandi would delete those posts.

The real problem, IMO, is that sites like the GC, Golfweek, and LPGA.com want to be able to control the content of their websites and they really don't have control over what is posted on discussion boards. They either would have to waste "resources" to control the content of the DB, or just let it be a free for all.

Then you get something like a married player becoming pregnant by her caddie and, well, people are gonna want to "discuss" that whereas the LPGA didn't want it to be on their site.

It seems like most dicussion boards, if allowed to run their normal lifespan, just end up with a group of regulars who dominate and become insular and then the "lurkers" get bored and the DB just dies.
TheBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #30

[QUOTE=TheBrain;127302]

Then you get something like a married player becoming pregnant by her caddie and, well, people are gonna want to "discuss" that whereas the LPGA didn't want it to be on their site.

Jackie Gallagher Smith is a stunner...too bad she retired...one of my all time favs.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...CApHfNrmxP70P8