Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #11

Originally Posted by cleo View Post
thank you so much, and by the way, you're fired!
too!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #12

It seems to me that there is a lot of, for lack of a better word, anger towards Tseng for firing her caddie. First of all, i read the golfweek article and all it states is that there was a "chemistry" issue. We don't know truly what transpired. Maybe the caddie did something he shouldn't have, etc. I don't think that we should come out guns ablazin at Yani until we find out why. Chances are the reason why is probably not what we think.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #13

Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
It seems to me that there is a lot of, for lack of a better word, anger towards Tseng for firing her caddie. First of all, i read the golfweek article and all it states is that there was a "chemistry" issue. We don't know truly what transpired. Maybe the caddie did something he shouldn't have, etc. I don't think that we should come out guns ablazin at Yani until we find out why. Chances are the reason why is probably not what we think.
Huh? Who has "ANGER" towards Tseng for firing her caddie? Get a grip.

I think most of us were very surprised, given their great recent success.

I don't care who she has as a caddie. And I don't care about whatever "chemistry" is involved. I just found it a "sheesh" moment that she fired the caddie who got her where she wanted to be, at that point.

No one has "guns a'blazin." It wasn't a criticism, it was just reporting what happened. Whatever. Sheesh.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #14

The new caddie obviously worked wonders in Jamaica.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:19 AM   #15
Administrator

Didn't this happen with Lorena Ochoa as well? I guess the surprise is firing someone after you just won the tournament. If I was the caddie I know I would of been flabbergasted. But I guess I don't know the circumstances.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Didn't this happen with Lorena Ochoa as well? I guess the surprise is firing someone after you just won the tournament. If I was the caddie I know I would of been flabbergasted. But I guess I don't know the circumstances.
Lorena fired Dave Brooker after last year's LPGA Championship where she didn't come close to winning. I can't remember the last time a player fired a caddie right after winning a major.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #17

The story I got from a friend in Orlando is simply that the caddie thought he was her coach, not ther caddie. That's all I was told.
My friend lives in Lake Nona so I tend to believe that story.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Maybe she just didn't like him and did not want to spend week after week with him.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #19
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by username View Post
The new caddie obviously worked wonders in Jamaica.
Hey I was gonna say that.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #20

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
The story I got from a friend in Orlando is simply that the caddie thought he was her coach, not ther caddie. That's all I was told.
My friend lives in Lake Nona so I tend to believe that story.

Viva Annika
It seems to me that when the caddie apparently was trying to talk her out of hitting under the tree on that particular hole the last round Yani feels he was coaching her. The consensus of the commentators was that playing it safe was the right move.