Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #1

Chi Chi is in on the sting.

This entire Yani and Puerto Rico BS has now reached an unbelievable low.

--------------------------------------
The Puerto Rico Open is applying a full dose of charm to Yani Tseng in its bid to lure her to its PGA Tour event next March.

Sidney Wolf, the tournament's general chairman, didn't just call Tseng's adviser Friday to officially extend a sponsor's exemption to the Rolex No. 1 in the women's rankings. Hall of Famer Chi Chi Rodriguez, a native of Puerto Rico, also called on behalf of the tournament in an attempt to persuade Tseng. Wolf and Rodriguez believe Tseng could help grow the game of golf in Puerto Rico, especially in its women's and youth programs.

Wolf said the initial contact with Ernie Huang, Tseng's adviser, went well and that the Tseng camp will consider the offer.
Tseng camp finally gets offer, and surprise call | Golf Channel

"We're waiting for Yani with open arms," Wolf said.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
NTB

The low part is: Most other countries see the value of the LPGA players and
the US doesn't.
Men preferring to look at men go figure.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #3

Originally Posted by NTB View Post
The low part is: Most other countries see the value of the LPGA players and
the US doesn't.
Men preferring to look at men go figure.
It's not about men looking at men play golf it's the competition for the win.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #4

I'm not a curmudgeonly,old,sexist bugger,like Gxer ( ),but no good will come from Yani Tseng accepting an invitation to this...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 11-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
I'm not a curmudgeonly,old,sexist bugger,like Gxer ( ),but no good will come from Yani Tseng accepting an invitation to this...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
I watch women's golf for the same reason I watch men's golf, the competition for the win.

In addition, I believe that the LPGA tour was created because women cannot compete for wins against men on the PGA TOUR and therefore women trying to compete on the PGA TOUR is a complete waste of time.

The exception I always make is for that very special female, who I have yet to see, that has the skill to qualify for the PGA TOUR. I would have no problem with her doing so as long as part of that qualifying for the PGA TOUR she agrees to not compete on the LPGA tour or any other women's only golf tour.

So, call me names all you want, it won't change my mind about women on the PGA TOUR because the ONLY woman who is capable of causing me to "see the light" so to speak, hasn't been born as yet or if she has been born isn't old enough to get my attention as being a female who has the potential to become a future PGA TOUR pro.

Last edited by gxer; 11-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.
gxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #6

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
I watch women's golf for the same reason I watch men's golf, the competition for the win.

In addition, I believe that the LPGA tour was created because women cannot compete for wins against men on the PGA TOUR and therefore women trying to compete on the PGA TOUR is a complete waste of time.

The exception I always make is for that very special female, who I have yet to see, that has the skill to qualify for the PGA TOUR. I would have no problem with her doing so as long as part of that qualifying for the PGA TOUR she agrees to not compete on the LPGA tour or any other women's only golf tour.

So, call me names all you want, it won't change my mind about women on the PGA TOUR because the ONLY woman who is capable of causing me to "see the light" so to speak, hasn't been born as yet or if she has been born isn't old enough to get my attention as being a female who has the potential to become a future PGA TOUR pro.
How will you know unless they try, dummy! Those women who tried, beat some of the men in the field, so those women have as much right as those men who they beat to play and maybe some day they'll win.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote