Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Yani Tseng

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #21

Gxer.....I don't have a big problem with Yani whether she plays with the men or not. I would not encourage her to do so, but then, it is her decision to make. You are more adament about it effecting her future play. I look at what Annika did after her "one-time" excursion into PGA golf and can't find any problamatic results. As close as Yani and Annika are I would imagine they will discuss the plus and minus of it at great length.
I respect your thoughts regarding Yani+PGA. but I'm not going to let whatever comes of it bother me. That's my thought.
And so it goes.....

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #22

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Gxer.....I don't have a big problem with Yani whether she plays with the men or not. I would not encourage her to do so, but then, it is her decision to make. You are more adament about it effecting her future play. I look at what Annika did after her "one-time" excursion into PGA golf and can't find any problamatic results. As close as Yani and Annika are I would imagine they will discuss the plus and minus of it at great length.
I respect your thoughts regarding Yani+PGA. but I'm not going to let whatever comes of it bother me. That's my thought.
And so it goes.....

Viva Annika
Annika admitted on Morning Drive that she trained for 4 months before her Colonial appearance, plus Annika was in her 30's with more much experience than Yani. In addition, Annika was assisted from time to time in her training sessions by some relatively unknown player by the name of Tiger Woods.

Yani is not going to have the luxury of hobnobbing with Tiger plus her golfing confidence just hit its stride this season whereas Annika had many years of multiple wins with her best year being 2002 when she won 11 of 22 events on the LPGA tour.

Buzzer, I know Yani's appearance in a PGA TOUR event won't bother you because you are not a fan of the PGA TOUR but I am a fan of golf as played on both tours and I do not appreciate seeing a PGA TOUR event turned into a circus.
Just a different opinion, I suppose.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:12 AM   #23

jUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT, i AM A FAR BIGGER FAN OF THE PGA TOUR THAN THE LPGA TOUR, IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT I'M A FAN OF BOTH TOURS AND HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF ATTENDING FIVE MASTER'S TOURNAMENTS DURING THE FIFTIES. i HAVE ALSO HAD THEPLEASURE OF PLAYING THE AUGUSTA NATIONAL WITH LLOYD MANGRUM AND MIKE SOUCHAK. AND JACK BURKE'S FIRST WIFE, EILEEN, WAS MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR AND A GRAMMAR SCHOOLMATE OF MINE. THEIR WEDDING WAS A PRETTY INTERESTING AFFAIR TO HAVE ATTENDED AS MANY OF THE OUTSTANDING GOLF PROS OF THE DAY WERE THERE. CRAIG WOOD WAS A CLOSE FRIEND OF MY DADS' AND HE SPENT MANY A NIGHT AT OUR HOUSE WHEN I WAS A KID.
SO DON'T TELL ME I'M NOT A PGA FAN. i WAS PROBABLY A PGA FAN BEFORE YOU KNEW WHAT GOLF WAS.
I BECAME AN LPGA FAN AFTER HAVING MET MARILYNN SMITH AT THE TITLEHOLDERS TOURNAMENT AT THE AUGUSTA COUNTRY CLUB WHICH (1957 I think) SHE WON. SHE WAS SUCH A LOVELY PERSON, AS WERE SOME OF THE OTHER LADY PLAYERS THAT I BEGAN FOLLOWING THEM AS THEY FOUGHT HARD TO GET THE LPGA TOUR OFF THE GROUND.
I'VE BEEN AROUND GOLF A LONG TIME, AND NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY ANYMORE IS A REAL BUMMER.

VIVA ANNIKA
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:49 AM   #24

Nope....no one else in the mix as of now.....your player will never be anything more than a fairly decent journeyman golfer.....that's already been proven...by her.
She will win a couple over the years and then quit.
She is like all proteges, once they mature their specialties return to normal and they quietly take their place in society.
Yani is dominent and probably will remain so for many years, or until her interest wanes.

Viva Annika
Thanks for the reply Buzzer, but I think you are putting the cart before the horse. We have to separate the before graduation golfer from the after graduation golfer. And THEN we have to grade the after graduation golfer ONLY on HOW she does AFTER graduation.

IF you can do that for me, and I doubt that you will want to, THEN I will say that you are at least giving her a fair shake. ONLY then will we be able to SEE if she will win a couple and then QUIT. We will just have to WAIT!
UpDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #25

jUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT, i AM A FAR BIGGER FAN OF THE PGA TOUR THAN THE LPGA TOUR, IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT I'M A FAN OF BOTH TOURS AND HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF ATTENDING FIVE MASTER'S TOURNAMENTS DURING THE FIFTIES. i HAVE ALSO HAD THEPLEASURE OF PLAYING THE AUGUSTA NATIONAL WITH LLOYD MANGRUM AND MIKE SOUCHAK. AND JACK BURKE'S FIRST WIFE, EILEEN, WAS MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR AND A GRAMMAR SCHOOLMATE OF MINE. THEIR WEDDING WAS A PRETTY INTERESTING AFFAIR TO HAVE ATTENDED AS MANY OF THE OUTSTANDING GOLF PROS OF THE DAY WERE THERE. CRAIG WOOD WAS A CLOSE FRIEND OF MY DADS' AND HE SPENT MANY A NIGHT AT OUR HOUSE WHEN I WAS A KID.
SO DON'T TELL ME I'M NOT A PGA FAN. i WAS PROBABLY A PGA FAN BEFORE YOU KNEW WHAT GOLF WAS.
I BECAME AN LPGA FAN AFTER HAVING MET MARILYNN SMITH AT THE TITLEHOLDERS TOURNAMENT AT THE AUGUSTA COUNTRY CLUB WHICH (1957 I think) SHE WON. SHE WAS SUCH A LOVELY PERSON, AS WERE SOME OF THE OTHER LADY PLAYERS THAT I BEGAN FOLLOWING THEM AS THEY FOUGHT HARD TO GET THE LPGA TOUR OFF THE GROUND.
I'VE BEEN AROUND GOLF A LONG TIME, AND NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY ANYMORE IS A REAL BUMMER.

VIVA ANNIKA
You don't act like a fan of the PGA TOUR on this board, so you had me fooled.
I'll bet many others felt the same way until you yelled foul.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #26

Originally Posted by UpDev View Post
Thanks for the reply Buzzer, but I think you are putting the cart before the horse. We have to separate the before graduation golfer from the after graduation golfer. And THEN we have to grade the after graduation golfer ONLY on HOW she does AFTER graduation.

IF you can do that for me, and I doubt that you will want to, THEN I will say that you are at least giving her a fair shake. ONLY then will we be able to SEE if she will win a couple and then QUIT. We will just have to WAIT!
You Wie guys always have something that we must consider before writing Wiesy off as the greatest golfer to ever step foot on planet earth.

Now we are supposed to judge the after graduation Wiesy, OK, fine, when does the clock start for the after graduation Wiesy and the reason I ask is I don't know when she graduates.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #27
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by UpDev View Post

How soon after graduation will the Real Michelle emerge? I'm just wondering because we've been told so many times over the years to "just wait .."
... until she turns pro
... until she stops growing
... until she graduates from high school
... until she moves to college
... until she joins the LPGA Tour
... until she's no longer a teenager
... until her current injury is healed

Until she graduates from college is just one more in this list. The reason there are more Michelle Wie skeptics than fans is because we keep hearing the "just wait" refrain over and over and the Real Michelle who supposedly is Hall of Fame bound, winning multiple times a year, and contending for Number 1, has yet to emerge.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #28

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
You Wie guys always have something that we must consider before writing Wiesy off as the greatest golfer to ever step foot on planet earth.

Now we are supposed to judge the after graduation Wiesy, OK, fine, when does the clock start for the after graduation Wiesy and the reason I ask is I don't know when she graduates.
The clock starts next Spring.

Unless she doesn't play well next Summer/Autumn.

Then,it will start the following year.Or the one after that.Or some unspecified date in the future.

Actually,I think the 'tremendous adversity' of her going to college will act as an all-purpose get out of jail free card in perpetuity.

Just wait until she hits the Legends tour.There will be no stopping her...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X