Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Member Contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #1

Pak Picker Standings Through Pure Silk LPGA Classic

It was another exciting weekend of LPGA golf. There were 14 different players that had the lead, or a share of it, which made following our picks a real blast. In fact even Brooke Pancake had the lead until she waffled out, and as a result lost a lot of dough. :)

Congratulations goes out to IceCat for winning Pak Picker week #2. With 5 par fives on the Bahamas course, IceCat's combination of big hitters Lexi Thompson and Ariya Jutanugarn was too much for anyone of us to overcome.

With 21 players participating this week, unfortunately someone has to finish in last place. How ironic is it that on the night of the Grammy Awards, Golfing Grammy got an award herself: A wooden spoon. I have now decided that I am going to skip entering my picks the weekend of the Tony Awards.

We had seven players that went up in the standings this week and 16 that went down. One player stayed the same. IceCat was the biggest riser moving up from #10 to #3. This weeks second place finisher Pakman, moves up four spots into the #1 position. Tonyj5 also moved up four spots from #7 to #3. On the downside, Cannuck was too busy watching Brooke Henderson and not paying attention to his own players, and as a result dropped 6 places to #8. Centurion dropped five spots from #4 to #9, and Guess guessed wrong this week dropping from #1 to #5.

Other observations:

1- Not a single one of us picked the Pure Silk Bahamas winner Sei Young Kim.

2- How important is accuracy when picking our picks? Fourteen players had 5 correct picks this week, but because of accuracy points, Elf finished in 3rd place and GDSmyth finished in 16th place.

3- Rookies have held down the number one spot in the standings for the first two weeks. Guess occupied that spot the first week, and Pakman this week.

A side note: A number of people have asked me what has happened with The Constructivist. He has not played here yet and has not posted on his Mostly Harmless Blog. I am happy to tell everyone that I have been in contact with him and he is doing fine. Between his job and all the snow in the Buffalo area, he has been swamped.

Here are the standings after week #2:

1- Pakman - 15
2- Bangkokbobby - 13
3- Tonyj5 - 11
3- IceCat - 11
5- Verdant Garden - 10
5- Elf - 10
5- Guess - 10
8- Cannuck - 9
9- Centurion - 7
9- Baggerbob - 7
11- Rwgwillis - 3
11- Saint-Just X - 3
13- Olamin - 2
14- Schoolteacher Cindy - 1
15- Ghinhee - 0
15- Tatkins - 0
15- GDSmyth - 0
15- Friar Mike - 0
15- Shung - 0
15- Golfing Grammy - 0
15- Blue - 0
15- Boomer - 0
15- Dennis - 0
15- Ozuncle - 0

For those newcomers on here that are struggling the first two weeks, hang in there, it is a long 33 week schedule. The real good players on here have always been the ones that have shown patience. Your day will come.

We are off for a week, this will give Golfing Grammy and the rest of us a chance to sharpen our Pak Picking skills.
Be sure to get your picks for the Australian Open in EARLY, as there is a 16 hr time difference when compared to Eastern Us time. This will mean that the tournament will start somewhere around 4:00 PM Eastern time on WEDNESDAY afternoon. Leave yourself a note to get your picks in by Wednesday morning.

Virtual Trophies Retired: - (3 time winners)
None

Highest winning score:
Guess - 67.75 - Coates Championship

Largest margin of victory:
Guess over cannuck by 12.00 - Coates Championship

Smallest margin of victory:
IceCat over Pakman by 1.50 - Pure Silk Classic

Current top ten streaks:
IceCat - 2
Tonyj5 - 2
Elf - 2
Bangkokbobby - 2
Pakman - 2

Top Ten Streaks That Came to a Skidding Halt:
None worth mentioning

Longest Top Ten Streaks of the Year:
5 players tied with - 2

Most wooden spoons:
Dennis - 1
Golfing Grammy - 1

All time Pak Picker Records:
Most points in a season - Elf = 161
Most consecutive Top Ten Finishes - Tonyj5 = 15
Most Wooden Spoons in a season - Saint-Just X = 8

Last edited by tonj5; 02-09-2015 at 04:45 PM.
tonj5 is offline   Reply With Quote