Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Member Contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #1

Pak Picker Standings Through Kia Classic

A big congratulations go out to Boomer for winning Pak Picker week #7. Boomer was one of 2 players (Ghinhee was the other) who correctly picked 8 players. Boomer, who received the wooden spoon the previous 2 weeks, went from worst to first. Apparently he used my remarks last week (that was was squeaking instead of booming) as an incentive, and come out roaring.

Unfortunately, with the good comes the bad. Two wooden spoons were given out this week. Both IceCat and Verdant Garden finished tied for last place, having only 3 correct picks, and posting the identical score.

We had 7 players advance in the standings this week, 13 fell down, and 3 stayed in the same position. The biggest jumps were made by Boomer and Ghinhee who both catapulted up 6 spots. St. Just X leaped up 5 places. Blue and Schoolteacher Cindy jumped up 2 spots this week. On the downside, we had 8 players (Cannuck, GDSmyth, Tonyj5, Guess, Elf, Golfing Grammy, Shung, and Friar Mike) drop 2 spots.

Other observations:
1- I think on occasion we tend to not put much thought in our alternates. This week showed how damaging that could be. Five of us had picked Lizette Salas this week, only to find out she withdrew before the tournament began. Ghinhee and Blue had Mirim Lee as their first alternate and it payed huge dividends in this week's standings.

2- IceCat, the only player to have finished in the top 10 in all of the first 6 weeks this year, had that streak halted. When IceCat falls, he surely falls. I tried to get an interview with him but his injuries resulted in his jaw being wired up. He is being fed baby food with a wooden spoon. He also had injuries to his right wrist. He is the scorer for this week's major championship, so I'll advise everyone to check their scores carefully. :-X

3- Hell must have frozen over, Saint Just X has just passed me in the overall standings!

Here are the standings after week #7:
1- Pakman - 41
2- IceCat - 34
3- Bangkokbobby - 31
4- Baggerbob - 28
5- Olamin - 27
6- Saint Just X - 23
6- Ghinhee - 23
8- Cannuck - 22
9- GDSmyth - 21
10- Tonyj5 - 20
11- Guess - 19
12- Elf - 16
13- Verdant Garden - 14
13- Schoolteacher Cindy - 14
15- Centurion - 12
16- Dennis - 10
16- Boomer - 10
18- Golfing Grammy - 8
18- Tatkins -8
20- Blue - 5
21- RGWillis - 3
22- Shung -1
23- Friar Mike - 0
24- Ozuncle - 0

Virtual Trophies Retired: - (3 time winners)
None

Highest winning score:
Pakman - 86.25 - Founders Cup

Current Top Ten Streaks:
Pakman - 4

Top Ten Streaks That Came to a Skidding Halt:
IceCat - 6

Longest Top Ten Streaks of the Year:
IceCat - 6
Tonyj5 - 5
Pakman - 4 (still active)

Most wooden spoons:
Boomer - 2
Dennis - 1
Golfing Grammy - 1
Bankokbobby - 1
Saint-just X - 1
IceCat - 1
Verdant Garden - 1

All time Pak Picker Records:
Most points in a season - Elf = 161
Most consecutive Top Ten Finishes - Tonyj5 = 15
Most Wooden Spoons in a season - Saint-Just X = 8

Good luck to everyone this week. It's a biggie. The year's first major championship!

Last edited by tonj5; 03-30-2015 at 04:18 PM.
tonj5 is offline   Reply With Quote