Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Member Contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #51

Originally Posted by loochag View Post
Hi Blue, I have a doubt for the season standings thru the Mizuno Classic.
The season's standing is laughable. Having Wiefan in second place is just like Michelle Wie when she was second place in the Rolex Standing!

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #52
Contest Statistician

I am not sure if it is stated in any rules somewhere, but I belive that there is a minimum # of tournaments to qualify for scoring avg. If not, there should be, but introducing new rules now would be a big problem.

Also there is competition for points, based on how you placed in each tournament. To me that is the real competition.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #53

I think when the season ends, only players with the xx% will be enter at the season standings. (I'm not sure, but I think is the 60%).
loochag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #54
Forum Moderator

It's either 60% or 66%. I'll look it up (my rule but I forgot). I just wanted to get you a quick answer before dangerbob leaves the continent.

We'll have some kind of other category prize for the players who played just a few tournaments.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #55

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
The season's standing is laughable. Having Wiefan in second place is just like Michelle Wie when she was second place in the Rolex Standing!

Hi Ya everyone....ok ok ok....I have to admit that Dangerbob is CORRECT about me being ranked too high...BUT...he is NOT correct about Wiesy's HIGH Rolex Ranking at the time....do not forget that Wiesy was playing FABULOUS HIGH QUALITY MIND-BOGGLING STUPENDOUS OUTSTANDING Golf in all of her Major Events and if you put into perspective the amount of money she would have won DESPITE ONLY limited events allowed....it was unheard of at the time

ahhh but the kid had a setback injury and now she is "pounding that trail" as hard as she physically can.....ahhh those swollen mangled death threatening wrist, elbow, armpit, back and neck, and aching Knees and shin splints and club feet.....ahhhh these type of injuries do NOT get healed overnight....hmmmm....did I tell you about the CAT scan and Kidney transplant that she also had to go through.....hmmmm....TOUGH KID

but she will be back eventually....I have heard that she can still hit the ball somewhat decent despite BALANCING on her crutches

anyway....all of you have a terriffic week

Congrats to Blue and her Contest Volunteers for doing a TERRIFFIC job....anyway....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #56
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by loochag View Post
Ok. I have played McDonald's Ch., U.S. Open (2nd), Evian, Canadian, Safeway (2nd), Bell Micro, Navistar, Samsung World Ch, Long Drugs, Grand China Air, Mizuno (3rd) and now I have 12 with the Ochoa Invitational.

Thank you.
Thanks for the update. What happened is I accidentally credited your 3rd place in the Mizuno Classic to lumazi rather than to you. This is one part of the scoring that is manual, not automatic, and your names are similar. My apologies. This change will be reflected on the next Season Standings. However, your tournament count will still be at 11 because you were credited with an IWD at the Canadian Open so that does not count as a tournament played. It's a better outcome than a WD which counts as a tournament played and assigns the person who withdrew last place points.

Last edited by Blue; 11-19-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #57

Ok. Thank you.
loochag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #58

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi Ya everyone....ok ok ok....I have to admit that Dangerbob is CORRECT about me being ranked too high...BUT...he is NOT correct about Wiesy's HIGH Rolex Ranking at the time....do not forget that Wiesy was playing FABULOUS HIGH QUALITY MIND-BOGGLING STUPENDOUS OUTSTANDING Golf in all of her Major Events and if you put into perspective the amount of money she would have won DESPITE ONLY limited events allowed....it was unheard of at the time
The similarities are...both of you have not played enough games(or contests) and both of you have not won anything!

Hey Wiefan...do you know what else you have in common with? A Christmas tree. Why? Both your balls are just good for decorations!

Sorry Wiefan...I'm just having fun with you!
I'm outta here!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #59

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
The similarities are...both of you have not played enough games(or contests) and both of you have not won anything!

Hey Wiefan...do you know what else you have in common with? A Christmas tree. Why? Both your balls are just good for decorations!

Sorry Wiefan...I'm just having fun with you!
I'm outta here!
Hi ya everyone....gulp!!!...I guess I will have to buy a small tree to coincide with the small ornaments....gulp!!

Have a good evening everyone....see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote