Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Member Contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:07 AM   #71

B.B. - the cold winds were brutal on Sunday. That led to such high scores. Gusts near the semi-protected clubhouse were in the 20 - 25 mph range. One strong gust ripped the stakes out of the ground and blew away our caddie tent. It was a good thing nobody was injured. Rachel must have had three or four balls in the water on #7 on Sunday. I know that Joo Mi Kim hit three into the lake there en route to her 10.
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #72

Winds were gusting a bit stronger at the driving range. The driving range is located on a hill, and our tent was blown over during the night, plus trash cans and recycle bins were blown off the hill. We had a hard time hanging on to our uniform hats. Also, the tournament office told me that a tower blew over during the night. I can't say that any of this distracted the players. All remained quite focused - especially IK.
Ricearoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:29 AM   #73

Originally Posted by cougar View Post
B.B. - the cold winds were brutal on Sunday. That led to such high scores. Gusts near the semi-protected clubhouse were in the 20 - 25 mph range. One strong gust ripped the stakes out of the ground and blew away our caddie tent. It was a good thing nobody was injured. Rachel must have had three or four balls in the water on #7 on Sunday. I know that Joo Mi Kim hit three into the lake there en route to her 10.
Thanks, cougar for all the information about the final round........I watched the whole telecast on GC and they never mentioned the eleven Rachel took on the 7th........they don't usually mention high scores on a hole...........but an 11 on a par-3 would have been something they should have explained..........most of the viewers would have been interested in how that happened..........If I find out I will post it on this thread.........
Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #74
Forum Moderator

Season Standings

Here are the season standings as of the end of the Longs Drugs Challenge:

full size here: http://lpgagolfcontests.blogspot.com...standings.html
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote