Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Member Contests

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Carol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 485
My picks for round 1

1. Hee won Han
2. Inbee Park
3. Lorena Ochoa
4. Erica Blasberg
5. Ji Young Oh
6. Karine Icher
7. Sophie Gustafson
8. Brittany Lincicome
9. Alena Sharp
10. Soo Yun Kang
11. Hee Young Park
12. Allison Fouch

My picks for round 2

1. Hee won Han
2. Inbee Park
3. Lorena Ochoa
4. Erica Blasberg
5. Ji Young Oh
6. Karine Icher
7. Sophie Gustafson
8. Johanna Head
9. Sarah Kemp
10. Shanshan Feng
11. Hee Young Park
12. Allison Fouch

Winner: Sophie Gustafson
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #12
Moderator
 
Buzzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 3,797
Wink Round 1 and 2....the same

1. Hee Won Hon
2. Inbee Park
3. Lorena Ochoa
4. Guila Sergas
5. Amy Yang
6. Lorie Kane
7. SOPHIE GUSTAFSON.......winner
8. Liz Janangelo
9. Alana Shary
10. Shanshan Feng
11. Kristi McPherson
12. Nicole Perrot
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
Elf
Senior Member
 
Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 3,197
Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
The Danger's picks:

I wish you guys quit changing the rules after the season starts. Change should be done at the beginning of next year!
A facet of your personality I was not aware of: Cry Baby

Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #14
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
I wish you guys quit changing the rules after the season starts. Change should be done at the beginning of next year!
We're (meaning me) trying to keep the contest challenging and fun. lumazi had a good suggestion regarding the bonus pick this week. Shortening the pairs to 12 served two purposes: 1) less picking among unfamiliar players 2) giving me a rest from entering lots of data because I'm getting carpal tunnel of the thumbs.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
dangerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
A facet of your personality I was not aware of: Cry Baby

Not a cry baby...Just a displinarian. You have to stick to the rule once it's made and agteed upon.
__________________
"On this hapless EARTH
There's small SINCERITY of mirth
And LAUGHTER oft is but an ART
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"


Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 136
REVISED PAIRS FOR Corona Championship

Round 1 Picks:

1. Hee won Han
2. Na Yeon Choi
3. Silvia Cavelleri
4. Guilia Sergas
5. Ji Young Oh
6. Karine Icher
7. Minea Blomqvist
8. Brittany Lincicome
9. Alena Sharp
10. Janice Moodie
11. Hee Young Park
12. Virada Nirapathpongporn

Round 2 picks:

1. Hee won Han
2. Inbee Park
3. Lorena Ochoa
4. Guilia Sergas
5. Ji Young Oh
6. Karine Icher
7. Sophie Gustafson
8. Brittany Lincicome
9. Alena Sharp
10. Janice Moodie
11. Hee Young Park
12. Nicole Perrot

Winner: Hee won Han
4wahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bishop.Tx (Deep So.Tx.)
Posts: 550
Corona contest

My picks for this weeks rounds 1 & 2.

I pick Hee Won Han to win.

rd 1.

1. Hee Won Han
2. Na Yeon Choi
3. Lorena Ochoa
4. Erica Blasberg
5. Amy Yang
6. Karine Icher
7. Minea Blomqvist
8. Liz Janangelo
9. Alena Sharp
10. Seo-Yun Kang
11. Kristie McPherson
12. Nicole Perot

rd 2.

1. Hee Won Han
2. In Bee Park
3. Lorena Ochoa
4. Erica Blasberg
5. Amy Yang
6. Seo-Jae Lee
7. Sophie Gustafson
8. Liz Janangelo
9. Sarah Kemp
10. Seo-Yun Kang
11. Kristie McPherson
12. Nicole Perot

Good luck everybody.

asitlies
asitlies3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #18
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Not a cry baby...Just a displinarian. You have to stick to the rule once it's made and agteed upon.
It's just for fun. No one is playing for money (as far as I know there are no side bets) and last I checked there is only one person here who is carefully selecting the pairings each round (thanks again DJ!) and another person who is spending lots of hours recording the picks and tabulating the results. And neither of these people are you.

If we change the rules a bit from week to week in response to suggestions or to make it more challenging ... deal with it or don't play. I spend a huge amount of time on this contest each week to make it fun for everyone, so if you don't like it, you don't have to play.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #19
Elf
Senior Member
 
Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 3,197
Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
It's just for fun. No one is playing for money (as far as I know there are no side bets) and last I checked there is only one person here who is carefully selecting the pairings each round (thanks again DJ!) and another person who is spending lots of hours recording the picks and tabulating the results. And neither of these people are you.

If we change the rules a bit from week to week in response to suggestions or to make it more challenging ... deal with it or don't play. I spend a huge amount of time on this contest each week to make it fun for everyone, so if you don't like it, you don't have to play.
Blue: Just like in soccer, give him a yellow card for arguing with the officials. Second time a red card. The only problem is that the basement could lose a long time occupant.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #20
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Blue: Just like in soccer, give him a yellow card for arguing with the officials. Second time a red card. The only problem is that the basement could lose a long time occupant.
If this were hockey, I'd be giving him a game misconduct penalty for abuse of officials. But like you said, we need to hold down the basement.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!