Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Member Contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #11

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Put the Danger in...so once again I can chastise the former judge from South Carolina and the former marine from Warren, Ohio.

Sorry your honor and MP...I just can't resist that one!
DB, I suppose you realize this means war.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
Forum Moderator

Looks like we have a quorum. I'll get the pairings and more details posted around the 12th.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #13

Cool

You know what, MP......I'd bet my Lamborghini against DB's Rolls-Royce, but I'm sure he'll find a way to opt out of that. Anyway, from the looks of his post, you and I are playing best ball against him.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #14

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
You know what, MP......I'd bet my Lamborghini against DB's Rolls-Royce, but I'm sure he'll find a way to opt out of that.
Viva Annika
I'd rather have your boat. The one that you were saying have a GPS in it. Are you sure it's not just a compass? A built-in talking GPS in a boat? With the engine's noise, what do you do? Wear a head phone so you can hear what it says? "Re-calculating...veer to the right because you are going to hit an alligator." "At the next lighthouse, turn left you're getting close to Hilton head island!"
By the way...was this during your single days when you were trying to impress you future wife? I don't think in the 1940's "talking GPS" wasn't invented yet!

Sorry your honor. I don't mean to disrespect my elder. I'm just in a silly mood again!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #15

You're too young to remember the 40's when we had talking GPS's......they went by a different name then....."back seat drivers".

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
You're too young to remember the 40's when we had talking GPS's......they went by a different name then....."back seat drivers".

Viva Annika
I still have one of those, Buzzer.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #17

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
I still have one of those, Buzzer.
That was a sexist, male chauvinist comment!!!

But....funny.

LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #18

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
That was a sexist, male chauvinist comment!!!

But....funny.

Why? Do you feel guilty? Not all back seat drivers are women. I know someone named "Pasquale" (name changed to protect the innocent but a male)...who is the worst "backset driver" I've ever known. When he's a passenger in your car...he'll tell you where to go even he knows you already know. I think he's just addicted to it!

One day, his friend asked him: "Pasquale...do you like your woman to be ugly, fat and have saggy boobs?"
Pasquale replied: 'No, I like my woman to be pretty, slim, and have firm boobs."
His friend replied: "How come you're fooling around with my wife!"
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #19

DB, another funny one. You're on a roll.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #20
Forum Moderator

brief contest rules

Someone who had not played this contest before emailed me and asked how it was played and what the deadlines are.

My reply might be of interest to others as well:
====

Basically it works like this:

1. We'll have about fifteen pairs or groupings from each round posted before each day's play. You pick who you think will win from that pair/group.

2. We try to pick interesting pairs. Sometimes if the tournament does not post the pairs in a timely manner we post "virtual" pairs. That is, we make up interesting pairs based on who is in the field.

3. You get points for picking the most winners, based on their scores. So for example, if one pair is Annika vs. Paula and Annika shoots a 72 but Paula shoots a 66, you get 66 points if you picked Paula and all the others who picked Annika get 72 points. You're ahead for that pair on that day.

4. At the end of tournament, whoever has the lowest score wins.

5. In the past we've had bonus points as well -- like at the start pick who you think will win the tournament and if she wins you get 10 points taken off your score, -5 for a top 10 finish etc.

I'll post more details as we get closer, along with the pairings when they come out.

As for deadline, you have to submit your picks before each round, so there's a deadline before Round 1 and 2 (a single deadline unless there's a repairing for Round 2 and there usually is not). And then again for Round 3 and for Round 4 if there is a Round 4.

So for SBS, there will be a deadline of around 6 pm EST on Feb 13 to get your picks in for Rounds 1 and 2 and another of around midnight EST on Feb 15 to get your picks in after I post the pairings for round 3. Believe me this will make much more sense and seem much easier when it's going on.

Any other questions?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote