Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > Other Tours

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
Administrator

Paige Spiranac speaks out against Cyber Bullies

Paige Spiranac speaks out against cyber bullying after her missed cut at the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters last year. She has been invited back this year along with Chelsea Pezzola who has also been making waves in social media. Let’s hope both of these young ladies will not be the target of cyber trolls.

VIDEO: Spiranac hopes to 'save someone?s life' by speaking out on cyber bullies - Golf Digest Middle East
Balabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #2

So I guess she needs another way to capture people's attention? It's one thing to say she wasn't ready for the criticism or the scrutiny of playing pro golf but to say that you're being bullied is something else completely She probably did feel sad and everything else but to say you're being bullied is like saying she had no way of sticking up for herself, no way to defend herself. Surely she wasn't naive enough to realize with as many followers as she has someone at least was going to say something nasty. She finished last in an event she was invited to play not because of her golfing ability but because she decided to post pictures of her with very little clothing on social media platforms and it garnered a following.
"People need to know how much it affected me" So people need to find more reasons to pay attention to her right?

If the DLO wants to give an exemption to her fine, well within their right to do it. If Paige feels that dressing sexy is the best way to make her money and bring attention, fine go a head everyone's got to make their money. But to then come on here and throw a pity party and say oh poor me, whatever.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #3

Oh ya....luv it...2 golf bimbos....it's a shame there aren't more.
I've played golf nearly 5 decades and have yet to be paired up with one.
I guess we need some Top Golf locations here in Canada.

Gotta give those oil sheikhs credit....they love the dumb ones who like to flaunt it.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #4

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu View Post
So I guess she needs another way to capture people's attention? It's one thing to say she wasn't ready for the criticism or the scrutiny of playing pro golf but to say that you're being bullied is something else completely She probably did feel sad and everything else but to say you're being bullied is like saying she had no way of sticking up for herself, no way to defend herself. Surely she wasn't naive enough to realize with as many followers as she has someone at least was going to say something nasty. She finished last in an event she was invited to play not because of her golfing ability but because she decided to post pictures of her with very little clothing on social media platforms and it garnered a following.
"People need to know how much it affected me" So people need to find more reasons to pay attention to her right?

If the DLO wants to give an exemption to her fine, well within their right to do it. If Paige feels that dressing sexy is the best way to make her money and bring attention, fine go a head everyone's got to make their money. But to then come on here and throw a pity party and say oh poor me, whatever.
It must have been terrible for her.

According to that article,she gave up social media for three weeks,afterwards.

Three whole weeks,man...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 12-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
Administrator

When I posted this article I thought it might bring out the worst in people, and I was dead on. The best way to deal with cyber bullies is to just ignore them. period.
Balabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Balabill View Post
When I posted this article I thought it might bring out the worst in people, and I was dead on. The best way to deal with cyber bullies is to just ignore them. period.
The worst in people? I don't think anyone here has said anywhere near to what Spirinac says people were saying about her.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Balabill View Post
I don't know what was posted on Paige's Instagram account...I'm sure there's a bunch of stupid d*ckhead comments.
But Paige brings this upon herself...doing selfies in her underwear and going to hit balls in yoga pants and a halter top with her t*ts hanging out.

I'm sure if a went to the range in a Speedo and wife beater and posted it onto social media....a bunch of trolls would be laughing and shaming me......and deservedly so.

Paige is simply an attention seeker....so expect the worst and quit crying....the Millennial generation is so soft.
She should have quit social media permanently...not just for 3 weeks...but she loves all the attention.....nuff said.

She's not the only attention seekers...lots of them.
At the KPMG at Sahalee this year...I'm walking down the range and there I see Wie beating balls in the thinnest and tightest yoga pants....WTF.
As usual...BJ is 10 feet away....what dad would allow this type of dress to play golf at likely Washington State's best and most respected golf course?....another WTF.

Some of the gals have ZERO respect for the private clubs they play at.
The LPGA doesn't care...otherwise they would enforce a dress code policy or simply enforce that week's club dress code policies.
The PGA tour still enforces a pants only policy for the players.

But many gals know their bread is buttered outside the ropes...not inside the ropes...too many to name.

These are some of the reasons why many consider women's golf a joke and it's a shame...cause these gals have GAME.

Last edited by Mr3putt; 12-06-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #8

Originally Posted by saint-just x View Post
it must have been terrible for her.

According to that article,she gave up social media for three weeks,afterwards.

Three whole weeks,man...

Pax vobiscum
saint-just x
lmao
Old 12-09-2016, 06:56 AM   #9

Interesting that the organisers seem to have paid so much attention to the attractiveness of the participants - not only these two but Elise Lobb, another Instagram hit, took part in the proam - although her playing standard is so low they couldn't quite include her in the main draw. Also the charming young amateur Muni He got an invite. Of course they'll all miss the cut by a mile, but who cares....
davidyou48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:50 AM   #10

After her latest Dubai debacle,will she need to retreat to her safe space for another three weeks?...😰

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X