Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > Other Tours

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 08:32 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

2014 Daikin Orchid Ladies Golf Tournament

more pics on my blog: Onnarin Sattayabanphot Wins 2014 Daikin Orchid Ladies Golf Tournament (JLPGA) | Fairways and Forehands

Onnarin Sattayabanphot

The first tournament of the 2014 LPGA of Japan (JLPGA) season left me with joy in most respects, but tinged with a bit of blue. Iím very pleased to see Thailandís Onnarin Sattayabanphot ride the low round of the day (5-under 67, tied for low round of the tournament with Bo-Mee Lee) to an 8-under overall first place finish at the 2014 Daikin Orchid Ladies Golf Tournament. Moo (her nickname) finished round 2 with an eagle and didnít look back in round 3, firing 6 birdies (including 5 during an 8 hole stretch from 4 through 11) against a lone bogey en route to victory. So itís great for me to see another Thai winner. Also, itís great to see my favorite JLPGA players like Sakura Yokomine and Rikako Morita back in action. Sakura was in contention until a final round 4-over sunk her chances. Defending champion Rikako had the overnight lead at 5-under. She was respectable at 1-under, but too many other players near the top went lower and caught her.

Jiyai Shin

The slight melancholy I feel is seeing Jiyai Shin, one of my LPGA favorites, now on the JLPGA. She relinquished her membership for the American tour in January to turn her focus to Japan. If she can keep her world ranking high, we should see her in LPGA Majors, but as a member of the JLPGA she has to play at least 60% of their tournaments this year. More than likely, she will play more than that. So seeing her much in America is doubtful. Iíll miss the Final Round Queen. However, she stated she was mentally and physically fatigued playing in the States and travelling back and forth. Itís understandable that she needs to do what is in her best interests. She also recently graduated from Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea and has spoken of interests outside of golf. That said, she also stated that she loves golf, wants to play as long as she can and that focusing on playing in Japan was a means to that end. I wish her all the best.

Moo

Momoko Ueda

Rikako Morita

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #2

Yay !! Tied for 26th !!!

This world domination thing could take a little more time than anticipated...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X