Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything > Member's Lounge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
Forum Moderator

Patriot Golf Day

This weekend, Sept.2-5 is Patriot Golf Day. Play golf and donate $1 to Folds of Honor that supports children and spouses of soldiers killed in war:
" Patriot Golf Day is the flagship fundraiser for the Folds of Honor Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides postsecondary educational scholarships for the children and spouses of military men and women disabled or killed while serving our great nation. On Labor Day weekend, golfers across the country are asked to add an extra dollar to their greens fees to fund Folds of Honor scholarships. The Patriot Golf Day campaign is jointly supported by The PGA of America and the United States Golf Association."
Patriot Golf Day
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #2

My league plays Monday and we're all planning on an extra buck. Great cause, and less than the price of a dog at the turn.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
My league plays Monday and we're all planning on an extra buck. Great cause, and less than the price of a dog at the turn.
You mean... less than the price of a... (cover your eyes in case you're offended).... wiener?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

So childish. Can't you just let it go, Blue?

You start a nice thread about a great cause, then find a reason to dilute its worth by saying something stupid. Good work.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I removed the hot dog photo because LoJo objected again to the use of the word wiener or the image, or something. It's very important to keep LoJo happy.

Since the image was removed and the last two messages, what's the purpose of saying anyone objected?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #6

Blue also removed my post, in which I referred to her antics as childish.

You must've had a bad time in Junior High School, Blue. You haven't gotten over it yet.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #7

Back to the original post about Patriot Golf Day.... great cause and a great idea.

I hope they raise a lot of $$. I'd guess a lot of golfers will be adding more than $1 to their fees.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
Forum Moderator

Enough with the game playing. All posts have been restored.

I'm sorry if someone was offended by a photo of a hotdog or thinks that a photo of a hotdog somehow dilutes the cause of the Patriot Golf Day. At least the objection was out in the open this time. We're not going to censor or delete every post that LoJo or someone else objects to.

This has gotten way out of hand.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #9

I'm going to post on this thread one more time.

In response to MP's talking about getting a hot dog at his golf course, you childishly posted a photo of "Wieners"....please don't pretend this wasn't a reference to the other bullshit calling Michelle Wie fans "Wieners."

Was the photo insulting?...of course not. What was insulting is that you turned what was a nice thread about Patriot Golf this weekend into yet another opportunity to bring up the Wiener reference again. Why? Hmm?

Then, you got pissed off (or embarrassed) because I called you out on it, and you deleted not only your cutesy photo, but also my response. Why? You didn't want anyone else to see your stupid post?....WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PATRIOT GOLF AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH TAKING ANOTHER DIG AT THE "WIENERS."

The game playing was all on your part, Blue. Let ...it...go.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #10

Guess she just got tired of arguing with me, Lojo. Anybody who followed the last bit of crap knows what she was doing. Isn't it nice to know how mature some people are?

She'll probably say it was my fault for mentioning a dog at the turn. Fine, I can take the hit on that. Then she can follow up with her nananananana.

Last edited by MarinePaul; 09-02-2011 at 09:48 PM.
MarinePaul is offline   Reply With Quote