Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything > Member's Lounge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #1

9/11

Remembering all those globally who have been affected or lost lives due to acts of terrorism and fighting against terrorism.

And a special thanks to all the service men and women who serve for our freedom.

God Bless.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #2

from my blog: 9/11: In Memoriam Fairways And Forehands

This is primarily a tennis and LPGA blog, but on this, the 10th anniversary of the tragic events of 9/11 I want to stop and pay tribute to the 2,606 souls lost in the World Trade Center, 87 lost on American Flight 11, 60 lost on United Flight 175, 125 lost at the Pentagon, 59 lost on Americn Flight 77 and 40 lost United Flight 40. The New York City Fire Department, New York City Police Department and Port Authority Police Department combined to lose 411 emergency workers with the vast majority, 343 (341 firefighters and 2 paramedics), from the NYC Fire Department. Let each of us, in our own way, take a moment to remember not only the souls who were lost, but the family and friends left behind. Let us remember all the children who lost a mother or father, or both. Let us pray for those husbands and wives who even 10 years later still feel the pain of their loss and still ask why this had to happen. For those whose faith in a higher power was shaken or shattered on that terrible day, may they one day reconcile their anger and grief. May peace be in our hearts today and all days.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #3

The ultimate act of cowardice. As much as traveling has become a pain in the ass, it's necessary to prevent similar acts.

Hats off to the police officers, firefighters, and our men and women of the armed forces.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #4

from my blog: 9/11: In Memoriam, Part 2 Fairways And Forehands

This is a follow-up to my first tribute to 9/11. These are images of loved ones of the victims of that tragic day. I purposely left out pictures of President Obama and President Bush. Not because of any political statement or sign that I have anything against either of them. Today is not a day for that. I thank both Presidents for being at the Memorial today, but it is a tribute for the families and friends of those lost. This is their moment.

Vasantha Velamuri, who’s husband, Sankara Sastry Velamuri, was killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, mourns at the place where his name is inscribed on the Sept. 11 memorial.

Elle Jackman,6, helps her mother, Iris Jackman, do a rubbing of her aunt’s name, Brook Alexander Jackman, on the wall of the north pool of the Sept. 11 memorial.

Robert Peraza, who lost his son Robert David Peraza in the attacks at the World Trade Center, pauses at his son’s name at the North Pool of the 9/11 Memorial.

Elba Cedeno, of Waretown, N.J., holds a sign memorializing her partner, Catherine Theresa Smith.

Rachel White, left, of Cherry Hill, N.J., and her aunt Dolores White, of Forest Hills, N.Y., hold aloft a sign memorializing Rachel’s brother James Patrick White.

Don’t have the stories behind these dear ones lost. But don’t need those stories. We know. And we will never forget.

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 09-11-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #5

BKB....Thank you for posting those photos. You picked some truly moving ones. Heartbreaking.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #6

Thank you, BKB. Let's also remember these others who were there to help:
http://tinyurl.com/3ltdzvw
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
I just read "the Search" by Nora Roberts. Deals superficially with the training and dealing with Canine Search and Rescue. You may enjoy it.
In Mexico we did have some acts in rememberence of 9/11 and all those touched directly by the savage crime.

Last edited by Elf; 09-11-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #8

Canada remembers her victims of 9/11 and those of our best friends to the south. A wound that I'm not sure will ever heal.

Never Forget.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #9

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
BKB....Thank you for posting those photos. You picked some truly moving ones. Heartbreaking.
You're welcome. As you know, I was kinda "on vacation"...but couldn't let 9/11 go by without a post. Sorry, I abruptly abandoned the US Open thread...continued of course on my blog.

---Bruce Lee

Old 09-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #10

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
Indeed, they deserve to be remembered.

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 09-12-2011 at 12:24 AM.