Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Juli Inkster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #1

Question Juli and Kraig?

I wondered about Juli's attitude during the Solheim Cup, she didn't seem to be into it for some reason.

At first I thought she regretted not stepping aside as a player but she loves to compete so that thought didn't seem to be correct.

Then I had an off the wall idea. Did Kraig Kann have a little heart to heart talk with Juli before the Solheim Cup competition began about this comment she made? What do you think, off the wall or not?
---------------------------
"I think they should give her full (membership)," seven-time major champion Juli Inkster said after Thompson's victory. "It's kind of silly, isn't it? I think it makes us (the LPGA) look bad, too. Now, you have to go to qualifying school? To me, that's silly."
Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
I wondered about Juli's attitude during the Solheim Cup, she didn't seem to be into it for some reason.

At first I thought she regretted not stepping aside as a player but she loves to compete so that thought didn't seem to be correct.
Her attitude matches her attitude over the last few years. No different then her attitude every week. No real emotion. She knows her game is gone and she can not compete with the top players. However, the bottom half of the LPGA is so weak that she can make a good living still playing and making cuts. A quick look shows $219K for 17 weeks of work. Not bad for just going thru the motions.

At her age I don't think she cares what anyone tells her, especially some official.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #3

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
Her attitude matches her attitude over the last few years. No different then her attitude every week. No real emotion. She knows her game is gone and she can not compete with the top players. However, the bottom half of the LPGA is so weak that she can make a good living still playing and making cuts. A quick look shows $219K for 17 weeks of work. Not bad for just going thru the motions.

At her age I don't think she cares what anyone tells her, especially some official.
OK, maybe she doesn't love to compete these days and perhaps, if that's true and she can afford it, she should retire from the LPGA tour.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #4

Originally Posted by gxer View Post

Then I had an off the wall idea. Did Kraig Kann have a little heart to heart talk with Juli before the Solheim Cup competition began about this comment she made? What do you think, off the wall or not?
---------------------------
"I think they should give her full (membership)," seven-time major champion Juli Inkster
said after Thompson's victory. "It's kind of silly, isn't it? I think it makes us (the LPGA) look bad, too. Now, you have to go to qualifying school? To me, that's silly."
I guess sometimes the truth is required and can hurt
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #5

Well, Juli never was much for "silly rules" like the one that DQ'ed her for swinging a training aid. Made 'em look bad didn't it? Rules....silly, silly, silly.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote