Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Brittany Lincicome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #1

Help!

Dear Iberia Airlines. My name is Brittany Lincicome. PLEASE find my golf bag. Playing in a big golf tournament on Thursday and need them!!!!
4 hours ago
Old 07-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #2

Ok @Iberia airlines. Hope this is going directly to you!!!! PLEASE find my golf bag. It's big and black and weighs 53 pounds!!!! :-(
47 minutes ago

Yeah good news finally!!!! @Iberia airlines just sent me a tweet about helping me find my clubs :-) Hope they have better luck then ive had
34 minutes ago
Old 07-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #3

That sucks....Ya'll don't think Iberia Airlines lost Sakura Yokomine and Chie Arimura as well?
JJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Donating Member

I played golf at Hilton Head once and the airline lost the clubs (but not the luggage). I am amazed this does not happen all the time with the pros (or we don't hear about it much).
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #5

I follow quite a few players on Twitter and it appears to happen quite a bit! It's not like they lost an earring - it's a friggin' set of golf clubs! Sheesh.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
I played golf at Hilton Head once and the airline lost the clubs (but not the luggage). I am amazed this does not happen all the time with the pros (or we don't hear about it much).
I follow a lot of golfers on Twitter and they do tweet about lost clubs and baggage a fair amount, not so much from the top male players because they all fly private. As with regular flying folks, the golfers usually get their stuff back within a day or two. Notable exception was Morgan Pressel when her clubs got stolen flying home after winning Kraft in 2007.

Did you ever get your lost clubs back on the Hilton Head trip? What airline was it?

I hate the TSA. Even if the airline delivers your bag, the TSA opens it to check, god knows what, that you folded your socks neatly? It kind of creeps me out to open up my suitcase when I get home and find a note from the TSA saying that they opened it up somewhere after I handed over to them. I don't believe for a minute that the TSA is saving us from terrorists.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #7

They opened my padlocked case returning from DIA after the open, at least I had a TSA approved padlock and they didn't wreck it. I hope they enjoyed the bag of laundry I had in there. Their notice says they are required to check all bags, rubbish, if they did that planes would never carry any baggage at all! I was also subjected to the ritzy x-ray machine. Woman travelling on own, these checks happen all the time though you'd think they already have enough of my travel history to know I'm only going from A to B. I am actually secretly pleased that woman grabbed a TSA official's t*t the other day, about time they experienced what it's like to be on the receiving end.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #8
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
What do you mean LOST!
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
I follow quite a few players on Twitter and it appears to happen quite a bit! It's not like they lost an earring - it's a friggin' set of golf clubs! Sheesh.
But most likely custom fit with special shafts, sizes, grips etc. You can't just walk into the pro shop and replace them.

One of the putters that I have, been using for 25 years. It can not be replaced. I have new ones but keep going back to the old one. I would be %$&@ if it was lost.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #10

Thank you so much to @Iberia airlines and everyone else who had a part in finding my golf bag :-) yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/klvhnqij Shared by Brittany1golf
2 hours ago